MCH6 Filter lifetime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope you folks that are running your filters past the OEMs recommended installed life are only filling for yourselves. If you are filling bottles for others, you are assuming a great amount of liability. That also goes for those that use repackable chemicals past the shelf life. Just saying.

Craig

A very good reminder!

Two things that always make be shudder are when I hear a diver tell me he is going to take a tank inspection course so he can make some extra money inspecting his buddies' tanks, and when I hear a diver say he thinks he will buy a compressor, and pay for it by doing fills.

However filling buddies' tanks is often pretty much unavoidable, but if one does it's important not to charge for it because that could make it a business, and, in addition to vastly increased liability, bring down OSHA, state and city inspectors, and a host of other things you do not want to know about.

Gratuities - voluntary offerings - are a different matter, but they are best accepted after the fill.

If you are filling bottles for others, you are assuming a great amount of liability..

Craig

A very good reminder!

Two things that always make be shudder are when I hear a diver tell me he is going to take a tank inspection course so he can make some extra money inspecting his buddies' tanks, and when I hear a diver say he thinks he will buy a compressor, and pay for it by doing fills.

However filling buddies' tanks is often pretty much unavoidable, but if one does it's important not to charge for it because that could make it a business, and, in addition to vastly increased liability, bring down OSHA, state and city inspectors, and a host of other things you do not want to know about.

Gratuities - voluntary offerings - are a different matter, but they are best accepted after the fill.

I first thought to offer fills. Here in Thailand are no regulations and it is common to get a fill with oil in the air.
But than the people come with the tanks "next inspection 1998" and are angry if you don't want to fill. Or a competitor make you troubles....tell revenue department you made 100 fills per day and never pay the VAT....Even if it is a lie you get the revenue department check you....etc etc.
Too much trouble for a hobby.....

Back
Top Bottom