MbSub X1-VB (3 C cell) Quickie Review/1st Impressions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the smaller 3AA cell version. Since I received the light my on/off switch feels gritty when operating. It doesn't look dirty at all, it's new. Can this be fixed?

It seems most of the light power is when it's at its narrowest beam (3 degree). When you focus out, the lumen power seems to be quickly lost.

Is the C cell version any brighter? I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask since I'm getting that.

I got the smaller 3AA cell version. Since I received the light my on/off switch feels gritty when operating. It doesn't look dirty at all, it's new. Can this be fixed?

It seems most of the light power is when it's at its narrowest beam (3 degree). When you focus out, the lumen power seems to be quickly lost.

Is the C cell version any brighter? I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask since I'm getting that.

Hi there,

You've probably picked up some sand in the on/off collar, just pop it off and give it a clean, the collar comes off fairly easily, just leaver one end, don't worry it wont snap. Re the C cell version it will increase the burn time to around 15 hours but will not affect brightness. I have found the 3degree mode to be great in daytime use or in very murky water and the wider beams great for night time in clear water where you don't wont maximum punch as this will only scare all nocturnal fish away which of course is not the idea. Hope this was of some help. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom