Maybe headed to South Carolina next week & possibly weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5-10' visibility is all I need for a good time if I have to pay. I'll deal with less if its free.

I'm not going now, I really don't have the extra money, not with all the ScubaBoard events going on in October.

No the vis doesn't suck all the time in SC. In the Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand area we are very weather dependent. Dolphin Charters and Coastal Scuba both run large boats out of the north end of the strand. Scuba Express in Murrells Inlet runs a large boat on the south end of the strand. I own part of and operate a small dive boat "The Bubble Watcher" located on the south end of the strand. We cater to paties of 3-6 divers. We went to the Twin Cities (the Hebe and the St. Cathain) 3 weeks ago and the vis was 100'. You could measure this from the bottom at 103' you could see the bottom of the boat. For more info I can be reached on my cell at 843-902-8093.

mlm:
No the vis doesn't suck all the time in SC. In the Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand area we are very weather dependent. Dolphin Charters and Coastal Scuba both run large boats out of the north end of the strand. Scuba Express in Murrells Inlet runs a large boat on the south end of the strand. I own part of and operate a small dive boat "The Bubble Watcher" located on the south end of the strand. We cater to paties of 3-6 divers. We went to the Twin Cities (the Hebe and the St. Cathain) 3 weeks ago and the vis was 100'. You could measure this from the bottom at 103' you could see the bottom of the boat. For more info I can be reached on my cell at 843-902-8093.

Wow! how close is that to myrtle beach? I will give you a call when I come that way.

Well, they want to send me next week again. I told them I wouldn't go this week, cause I didn't have any money and I didn't want to spend my nights cooped up in a hotel room doing nothing only to come home after the weeks end without diving... I'll have money next week, atleast enough to get some diving in.

Gonna verify plans with work, if it works out, I'll be diving in SC next weekend. Maybe I'll stop in ATL for a little mudhole dive.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll have more when I get concrete plans.

BuGmAn, if you come down here, just let me know, I will put you up, feed you, get fills and take you diving. Hell, I owe you for the great Jellyfish trip to Cypress, and I know how it feels to be young and broke.

Did see my 15 year old daughter today, wow, her mom done a job on her, but she still loves me. I hope to be getting her into diving before the year is up. Maybe I can take her down to PCB or Destin to do some Jetty diving or snorkleing.

You will have to tell me how the SC diving goes....

Adios Me Amigo!!!

The Hossken

I'll shoot you a line when I get things figured out with work, assuming they still want me to go. Katrina/Rita put a hurting on an area that provides about half our business so they are trying to rotate us to SC for a week or two at a time to keep us busy. Things are starting to pick up so I dunno if they still want to send us out. Guess we'll see.

I work at a granite/marble countertop fascility. Half our business was in Louisiana so we've been slow lately, but its already picking back up. We have another branch in SC we were shipping people to in order to keep everyone busy. I don't think they'll be doing that anymore though.

mlm:
Do y'all spear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom