May Dine'n'Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, Braz, I was hoping you were going to reel that one in !!!

But, seems like all the big ones get away. :(

Maybe you should consider a smaller sausage, that way you'll catch only jet-skis; maybe you can handle them! :D

I must admit, it was somewhat entertaining seeing the guy on the pontoon boat pull you up from the depths by the diver down sausage.

Glad you guys made it.

the K

DiverBraz:
My first time in a low vis environment, first time I ever got separated from my buddy also. Surprised how at the surface he was only about 8-10 feet away. ...Braz

Braz, that give me quite a perspective. I'm so used to diving in Lanier that I thought the vis was pretty good. TK was always right there on my right. I guess over time one adapts to the enviornment around them. I know the last time I went on a salt water dive, everyone was telling me the vis was terrible and they were calling the dive. I on the other hand thought the vis was decent (nothing to write home about).

Maybe with the quarry opening I will come to reguard Lanier as "low vis" once again.:D

Nice meeting you Braz

Jeremy

I digress, you've obviously never tagged along behind Mr. Mike, “just try and find me in all the silt I kick up” , Ault.

Think James Bond Hitting that smoke screen button.

Sorry big guy, :) Just had to.

Shoulder to shoulder you would be right, but with me trying to keep up with the reel, and my other issues, I kept falling behind. I was really paranoid about trying to have that thing directly over us. Every time I heard something wizz by I'd look at the depth on the screen just to be sure.

Then there was the, I can't swim straight because of the weight issue. It was hilarious. at one point I was above him cause that was the only way to follow him, but My Buoyancy was so off that It was like I could only manage it with these huge breaths.
I would love to have seen the graph on those 10 min until it got under control. I remember thinking, Thank god he turned on the light, because I did loose him again once but I caught the beam for a sec and was able to home in. But I Shudder to think of the poor soul tht would have had to follow my storm.

I love the low vis, it just makes it so much better when you get to real nice stuff, and I would think it makes you a better diver all around.

I was severely pissed, at myself, but I had a frigging Blast. Like mike put it better than the office, or my case the 100 degree Tarmack, Just gotta watch out for them Table Hijackers.

By the way happy birthday to my bestest scuba buddy, Mr. Ault who turns the Big ......in a couple of days. Well I'll Let him Divulge that info. Another thing Mike, when you go to the opening, bring that 7mm you talked about, if you don't use it I'll give it a test spin if you don't mind. Although after hitting that 40 Ft Thermo into the 50's, I just might jump straight into a Dry Suit.

I know where the suspected house site is now so we need to return ASAP.

Have'nt officially met Corrigan yet, but I hope he is O.K., or just Hiding? :)
Take it in stride Big Guy, F.Y.I I'm a cave diver wanna be.

To the springs couple, how did it go?

Braz

Hey guys, glad you had a great time. Heather and I just got back about an hour ago from florida, and we had a blast. I will throw up a report tomorrow on the springs we dove and some pics once I go through them. I plan on joining you guys for the quarry opening, so let me know if you want to meet there, or meet before hand and caravan up to the quarry.

Kyle

Don't feel bad Braz, on the second dive we got disoriented and had to surface...my Bc overfilling and taking me up to the surface might also have caused me to lose the others as well...

Mike

DiverBraz:
I digress, you've obviously never tagged along behind Mr. Mike, “just try and find me in all the silt I kick up” , Ault.

Think James Bond Hitting that smoke screen button.

Sorry big guy, :) Just had to.

Shoulder to shoulder you would be right, but with me trying to keep up with the reel, and my other issues, I kept falling behind. I was really paranoid about trying to have that thing directly over us. Every time I heard something wizz by I'd look at the depth on the screen just to be sure.

Then there was the, I can't swim straight because of the weight issue. It was hilarious. at one point I was above him cause that was the only way to follow him, but My Buoyancy was so off that It was like I could only manage it with these huge breaths.
I would love to have seen the graph on those 10 min until it got under control. I remember thinking, Thank god he turned on the light, because I did loose him again once but I caught the beam for a sec and was able to home in. But I Shudder to think of the poor soul tht would have had to follow my storm.

I love the low vis, it just makes it so much better when you get to real nice stuff, and I would think it makes you a better diver all around.

I was severely pissed, at myself, but I had a frigging Blast. Like mike put it better than the office, or my case the 100 degree Tarmack, Just gotta watch out for them Table Hijackers.

By the way happy birthday to my bestest scuba buddy, Mr. Ault who turns the Big ......in a couple of days. Well I'll Let him Divulge that info. Another thing Mike, when you go to the opening, bring that 7mm you talked about, if you don't use it I'll give it a test spin if you don't mind. Although after hitting that 40 Ft Thermo into the 50's, I just might jump straight into a Dry Suit.

I know where the suspected house site is now so we need to return ASAP.

Have'nt officially met Corrigan yet, but I hope he is O.K., or just Hiding? :)
Take it in stride Big Guy, F.Y.I I'm a cave diver wanna be.

To the springs couple, how did it go?

Braz

Braz,
I've had a few dives like that before. You managed it all very good. About the weight...there was this one time that I was at Lanier and 4 of us swam out the the marker, it was in Nov. COLD all wearing wetsuits and when trying to descend I realized that I forgot my weight
icosm13.gif
I had to swim back to the car open up the trunk and get my weight in. By the time I got back out to the bouy, my buddy was so cold that he called the dive.

Oh, and my first couple dives in my drysuit...
eek.gif
eek.gif
was terrible.

Hope to see ya at the Quarry

Jeremy

I tend to hug the bottom...not good in th Lake! I'll try to do better and get off the floor...I was nervous about tying to put a puff of air into the vest with the valve sticking open so I tended to be a bit negative...BC is in to the shop for a tune-up so I hope that issue will be over with...

Great dive anyway!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom