May Dine'n'Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Jer,
No Fish and I were up there yesterday.

I got snake bit !!!

They've a ways to go yet.

There aren't that many tables ready yet and the guys are reall working hard at trying to get ready for their opening.

I'd suggest we stay out of there way for the next week or two.

the K

Snake bit!!
icosm13.gif
I would guess that you are okay?

Okay. It's back to the pond for this comming weekend. Let's let the guys finish up the quarry and get it ready for us to descend upon at a later date.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Jeremy

If anyone is up for Jocassee Saturday, www.scubashopsc.com still had a few slots open as of this morning on their boats. I'm doing 4 dives up there just to get wet. Don't know if I'll be able to get out on Sunday, but have fun for me if I can't.

K... what are you doing playing with snakes? Trust that you are okay. Can't wait to get up to the quarry when it is ready.

Brian

Here's the deal...pickle!
I'm going to have to do a Network system upgrade on Sat. this weekend. There is a slight chance that I may not be able to attend the Dine-N-Dive. Because of this, please don't count on me to bring the hamberger patties.

More than likely I WILL be there on Sunday but in case I wasn't able to make it out I didn't want everyone to show up and there be no hamberger patties.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday. If I am NOT able to attend I will call both you Kraken and Kyle to let you know.

I should be there by 8:30am Sunday.

Jeremy

Well I guess we will be diving the old water hole this weekend. Thanks K for the update on the quarry, I emailed them on sunday and I still havent heard back from them yet, so I was unsure of the progress. Heather and I will see you guys out at WBP at 8:30 on sunday.

Kyle

I should have the boat so we can putter out to someplace if we want to.

I'm trying to track down a specific site, possible house - Info from a diver/ranger at one of the sites we used to camp at.

Braz

Hey guys, sorry to say heather and I wont be making it out to the dine and dive. We got a wild hair up our butts at the last min. and decided to head down to the springs. We are going to try and dive troy springs and orange grove sink this weekend. I hope you guys have a great time and we will catch up with you on the next one.

Kyle

Hey Kyle,
You going to be up at the quarry next sat for it's "official" opening?
Jeremy

Well the dive Sunday was great. Slippery Sue and I got there a little late in the morning (around 10:30) and Kraken and Jeremy (I think Jeremy) were already in the water. While we were unloading Braz showed up and he and I did a dive together, basically puttering around the diver cove and kicking up silt, but hey, better than sitting in an office! We almost caught a pontoon boat on our patented diver down float lure but he spit it out before we could sink the hook...

The outside temp reached 94 F, at 42 ft it was 57 F. There were three distinct layers with the top 5-10 feet being very warm as you can see from the attached profile. Low 70's at the top, mid 60's down to 40, then 57 or so below the final thremocline.

After the dive we fixed hotdogs and Kielbosa and enjoyed Linda's coleslaw and deviled eggs. After a rest period Kraken, Linda and I did a second dive out of the diver cove, around the point to starborad and into the deep end of the swimmers cove. Visibility got pretty poor (probably because of all the swimmers stiring everything up at the shallow side how inconsiderate of us divers! :) ) but like I said, much better than sitting at the office.

I finally got the Coolpix in the Fantasea housing working right, the problem was the idle turnoff was set to low (it defaults to 1 minute, I tried setting it up to 5, then finally to 30) once I made that adjustent it worked fine. I have attached the best photo...unfortunately I didn't use the strobe so it is a bit green...photoshop was able to clean it up a bit, but I'm DBA not a Photoshop Wizard, Jim!

Mike

Yea Mike, that was me diving with The Kraken. I had a great time out yesterday. Too bad I had to leave early. I would have loved to stayed and played but had to get back home for the family thing.

Look farward to Sat. and the new dive hole opening.

Jeremy

A very interesting outing. Can't believe how inept I felt.

Snagged my first pontoon, lord never thought something like that could actually happen, what was that guy thinking.

I now know how to correct for a severely left tilting rig, replace the weights that fell out of the right side, (funny how you never think of the obvious at the time)a thorough pre-check before my dive probably would have prevented it.

Never thought a simple reel would have given me the pain it did, incredible how the simplest of equipment takes getting used to.

My first time in a low vis environment, first time I ever got separated from my buddy also. Surprised how at the surface he was only about 8-10 feet away.

A lot of firsts on this one, bad firsts, but ones I’ve learned a lot from. I’m glad I was in a safe environment and with knowledgeable people. Though not sure if Lanier on Memorial Day wekend is considered safe. Heard we had a couple of Skidoos buzzing around also.

Is was nice meeting Mike and Jeremy

Looking forward to the grand opening. Renee will be getting wet at this one.

Braz

Back
Top Bottom