May 1-2 Weekend: Official Roster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scbababe:
I could!.. First,Give your OK signal. Do however make sure the OK signal is returned. Once this is accomplished, reach for your sausage, unwrap and hold it upwright (ask for assistance and oral inflate!!) :eyebrow:
If there is any doubt or significant distance between you, deploy your sausage this will increase your visibility and makes you easier to spot. Of course avoid waiving it, for this means you are in distress. Although sausages are not your only option, they are a starting point, and are certainly required. Before you depart on your next adventure, check your equipment and your dive destination, and remeber practice, practice practice... :wink:

Whew! The only thing I can add is that I'll be keeping my sausage as upright as possible! That oral inflation really helps keep it nicely rigid.

And, of course, the more upright it is, the better it serves its purpose...

Look at this (Courtesy of Diver's Discount):

INNOVATIVE SOS DIVER SAFETY SIGNALING KIT
Super tube safety sausage - 8 feet tall
Industrial grade light stick
Deluxe whistle
9 ft buddy lanyard
Stainless signaling mirror
Mesh bag

And compare it with:

AKONA BY SHERWOOD SAFETY SAUSAGE
Surface signal device
Bright Hi-Viz yellow
40´´ long with 7.5´´ circumference
Inflatable with mouthpiece
Compact nylon carry bag included
Easily attachable snap clip

I guess this raises the issue of whether it's the length or the circumference of the safety sausage that's important...

GrierHPharmD:
Look at this (Courtesy of Diver's Discount):I guess this raises the issue of whether it's the length or the circumference of the safety sausage that's important...

(LOL!!!) Well, bigger is better. Visibility and all...does increase your chances of getting....uhh... RESCUED!!! :eyebrow:(LOL)!!!

And I'll always raise a glass to the idea of a diver being...rescued. Successfully and often!

I saw this t-shirt logo at FishPie.com. Don't know that I'd wear it, but I did get the old spit-milk-out-of-my-nose response...

Lenght v. circumference, is it one or the other, or perhaps a combination of both??hmmmm, what do you think honey??? :wink: Man, this is rapidly turning into a case of computer...............

GrierHPharmD:
And I'll always raise a glass to the idea of a diver being...rescued. Successfully and often!

:coke: here,....here.... :cheers: :giveusahu

well, it's quite natural that when girth and length are mentioned, my name should come up, as it were...

but i've been swamped at work these last two days, as i thought i'd be... but i'm here!

:wink:

H2Andy:
well, it's quite natural that when girth and length are mentioned, my name should come up, as it were...
:wink:

There you are!..... glad your back!!.... :dazzler1:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom