Max.depth At Bluewater,pelham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freej:
We went this weekend and heard that you hit about 132'. My PB is about 122' and I think was the record for bluewater. I have done 129' but had a samba so it don't count

what's a 'samba' ? something like having to use a support divers air for a breath on the way back up (in need of an 'almost emergency' ) ?

One more question... are you guys using weighted sleds to go down, or any ditchable weight, or just sinking on your own to the bottom, or kicking any while going down? (Just curious as few of us here do any deep unassisted diving).

BTW guys... his trip report from the dive that day is in this thread. FYI
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=191014

SAMBA-near blackout also referred as Loss of Motor Control. Can occur at the surface after ascending. Hands may shake or freediver may not able to stabilize the head (it's why they call it samba. looks funny sometimes,like a samba dance...) etc. You are pretty close to loos conscioousness as far as I know- I'v never had SAMBA

We were talking about constant ballast-descending and ascending with a same weight on.(some freedivers don't even use weight belt with weights for this discipline) Kicking-freefall to the depth then turnaround and kicking all way up to the surface.

JAN 1974:
:huh:Hi there! Can anyone tell me,what is the max depth at ABWA?
I will be going there next wed-thu for some freediving attempts so I need the depth cca 130 ft to attempt my PB. THANKS!!!
You shouldn't have problems reaching 130' on the end near the railroad tracks. Max depth is 141 feet, and I'm down there quite a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom