Max.depth At Bluewater,pelham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck finding the 150.....you'll find 130 ok......

Ohh, free diving.

Sorry.

Michael

i am wondering why you would choose a rock quarry to do that? i know nothing about free diving but I am guessing because since there are no currents it makes things a little easier. will you be decending with the help of weights? exactly what day are you going to do it i live about 10 min away from there...

I'm guessing he's doing it at a quarry since its an easy access point to hit that kind of depth...

Not just any waterhole has 150' of depth.

Might be a little shallower than you think... we discovered last summer the 120' (off the wall) trench was about 6 or 7 feet shy of what it normally is... we could see the depth shortfall on the wall, as well, which surprised me, since the quarry is spring fed. Perhaps it was due to the drought (although many of the lakes have come back up in the past months).
Additionally, there's no ascent/descent line at those spots... do you plan on dropping your own for the freedive?

Yarg said above, "good luck finding 150 foot".

he and someone else took a scooter tour of the quarry earlier this year trying to "find" the 150' spot and had a hard time finding it.

Like I said, I can only speak for 125', but that wasn't even in the area of the supposed 150' hole. It was just off the wall kinda midway along the quarry. The bottom was still sloping down at a very slight grade, but there wasn't anything to look at so we headed to shallower waters with better junk.

Looking down over the main dock, look to the right ,you will see a long white fender bouy this line will take you down to 130+....I guess it's there for deep training classes. Off of that you will find a rope that goes back up the wall to a big rock on the ledge..temp will be around 54*......good luck....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom