Maui Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only a handful that I know of - St Anthony, Carthaginian, a tank and a landing craft.

Not a whole lot to see on any of them, but still fun.

-B
and an F6F Hellcat.

Also, there's a Corsair somewhere off Kihei, and a PB-4Y bomber in 200' of water.

There are also another 2 tanks similar to the LVT's referred to as "Tank & Landing Craft"

Ok, then what type of "tanks" are they?

All I have ever seen are Marine Corps anphibious tractors designated as Landing Vehicle, Tracked (LVT) which are square boxes with treads, a flat upsloped front end and a large open top carge bay in the back.

All I have ever seen are Marine Corps anphibious tractors designated as Landing Vehicle, Tracked (LVT) which are square boxes with treads, a flat upsloped front end and a large open top carge bay in the back.
There are four or five LVT's in the Makena/La Perouse area. They're either LVT-4 or LVT(A)-4. AFAIK, those are the only two "types" that are in that area.

In case no one knows what an LVT looks like

buf02.jpg

Good info

Any of these LVT's easily accessible from shore? I've never seen them. Not necessarily a big thrill, but maybe something different to see on a dive.

One of the attractions is that there are some "really" big turtles that hang out on the LVT wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom