Maui Wonderland (Jan. 20-26, 2008)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spencer!

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am out on Maui this week (leave tomorrow), and wanted to throw out a report and recommendations!

I am out with Terry (Divinman), and we DOVE. 16 dives. 1,091 minutes underwater. 1500 photos. Fantastic!

We got our tanks through B&B Scuba in Kihei, and we also did 4 boat dives (2, 2 tank trips) with them (Molokini Back Wall, 5 Graves, Red Hill, White Rock) Brad and Blesi were AMAZING. What a solid opperation. I totally reccommend them for all you diving needs:)

Here are 75 images from the week, and a few highlights:

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Cheers,
Spencer

You guys got some amazing shots! What a great set of diving for you guys.

Just wondering what kinda of Camera Setup you guys were using? The pics came out great.

Safe travels.

I was there the same time frame and also used B&B for tanks and diving. We probably crossed paths at some point. Great pics.

I'm using a Canon Rebel XT DSLR with a Sea&Sea YS90Atuo strobe in an Ikelite housing. I've never had it in the water before, so I'm pretty pleased with how some of the pics turned out:)
Terry took even more fotos, and hopefully he'll mosy on over to share them...

Good to meet you too Tim:)

Spencer

Brad and Blesi never dissapoint and neither does Maui :)

Looks Great! Good to hear that about B&B, I'm going out with them 2 weeks from Tuesday for my first time, I'm very excited! I spoke with Blessi on the phone for reservations, very nice to talk to.:D

Looks Great! Good to hear that about B&B, I'm going out with them 2 weeks from Tuesday for my first time, I'm very excited! I spoke with Blessi on the phone for reservations, very nice to talk to.:D

She's a sweetheart in person too, you'll love diving with her.

B&B SCUBA ROCKS. They had good fills on the tanks, let us check out a bunch at a time, were always friendly and courteous.....can't recommend them enough.

Here are some photos from our last day of diving. I am still editing the other 1000 or so. I am shooting a Nikon D40x in an Ike hoursing with a DS125 and DS50 strobe.

Maui has some fantastic diving. Thanks to Sean we founds some amazing life to photograph.

Terry

Blessi at "The End of the World" on the backside of Molokini (she did 70 minutes on a 63!!!!)
20080125-DSC_2470.jpg

Spencer enjoying his first 'back wall' dive
20080125-DSC_2448.jpg

Blue Dragon Nudibranch
20080125-DSC_2491.jpg

Sponge crab with divers
20080125-DSC_2506.jpg

Gold lace nudibranch
20080125-DSC_2495.jpg

Gotta love that cobalt water
20080125-DSC_2502.jpg

Sean throws a big shaka for another great dive