Maui trip report (long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I am more of a go slow and slower kind of diver. When I am not teaching, I usually have a camera in hand and scooters and cameras are not really compatible (in my mind).

P.S. Don't mean to hijack the thread.

SwimsWithSharks:
No, I am more of a go slow and slower kind of diver. When I am not teaching, I usually have a camera in hand and scooters and cameras are not really compatible (in my mind).

P.S. Don't mean to hijack the thread.
I think this thread was hijacked long ago! :D (Sorry DiveMaven!)

I, too, am a slow diver... but the opportunity to use a scooter to get to a site that's a little further offshore than I would want to swim to (e.g. the St. Anthony off Keawakapu Beach, or the Carthaginian) makes the scooter very cool.

I look at it in the same class as an airplane... I like to get places fast, but once there, to slow down and explore them takes getting off! :D

KB,

I did not experience any of those types of dives. We never touched land, except when I crawled onto the iron shore @ rainbow reef. For five days the only other boat we saw, was on our first night dive. It was a fishing boat that anchored in our cove for the night.

The only time we did see the local dive boats was on the last night dive of the trip at Manta Ray Bay, where the new Sheraton Hotel in Kona is located. However we didn’t need to fight the crowds. In the late evening before the sun went down we did a familiarity dive. The after dinner and slide shows we slipped into the water about 10 PM. We had about 10 Manta Rays to ourselves. What a blast.

Cheers,

Sounds like you had a great time!! My first was charter was OAHU and what a differance it was compared to your charter!!:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom