Maui Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really??? BUMMER! - and I was just over there visiting with Piper last month and she didn't say a word about it :( very, very sad ...

At least cheer me up by telling me the water is still in the ocean ...

thx for the news, albeit sad.

Tim

We ended up doing 6 boat dives. Only down side was when the new crew member saw me on my first dive, ran over, and without asking said "your hose is stuck in your belt", at which point he undid the buckle on my BP/W and threaded my 7' primary hose through my harness, and closed the buckle before I could stop him. I immediately said "no it's not", undid the harness and took out the hose, buckled up the harness and tucked the 7' hose like I always have. I took one step toward the back of the boat, and he came right back and said, again, "your hose is stuck in your belt", at which point he undid the buckle on my BP/W again and threaded my 7' primary hose through my harness, and closed the buckle before I could stop him. I took off my mask, said "no, it's not" undid the harness and took out the hose, buckled up the harness and tucked the 7' hose again. Then I ran to the back of the boat before he could catch me and jumped in the water. Thankfully, he avoided me for the next dive.

On the plus side, I got to swim with my first shark at Molokini.

We ended up doing 6 boat dives. Only down side was when the new crew member saw me on my first dive, ran over, and without asking said "your hose is stuck in your belt", at which point he undid the buckle on my BP/W and threaded my 7' primary hose through my harness, and closed the buckle before I could stop him. I immediately said "no it's not"......

I'm thinkin ya need to be a bit more ASSERTIVE, Mikey, not let folks run over ya like a truck...

:no: :confused:
First, working up from bottom; the parking on the North side of Black Rock is "only" for the Sheraton Resort guests.

The surface lot is for guests but the Sheraton Maui Resort has a public parking garage located on site.

We dropped off a gear at the surface lot then parked the car in the garage. It's quite a haul but Black Rock is worth it every time!

I'm thinkin ya need to be a bit more ASSERTIVE, Mikey, not let folks run over ya like a truck...

It was my first boat dive and I was last in the water at this point, and I knew the guy was new. I guess being in Maui made be a little too mellow...

But if anyone tries that when I get back to NY, I'm wrapping the 7' around their neck, clipping it off, switching to my alternate and jumping in. :D

the parking on the North side of Black Rock is "only" for the Sheraton Resort guests.
The surface lot is for guests but the Sheraton Maui Resort has a public parking garage located on site.

Yes, in this Google Maps link you can see the parking garage, at the far South East corner of the Sheraton property; entrance right where the 2495 address is on Ka'anapali Parkway. It is only a little over 350 meters walk to the gear drop off point (white parked car - may have to scroll up).

Just to settle this... I am aware of a "legal" and "ethical" entry that comes from shore and does not require a boat.

It involves walking out on the breakwater to enter the water... but you should do this with a guide who can spot the appropriate part to make the entry -- pick the wrong spot and you'll have more than a few bruises and scrapes to show for it.

Even vest style BCs fill in the back....and in a face down position this part will be full as the air rises. The thickness is near identical to a wing (not surprising given the displacement isnt changing).
Even a 1" surface chop will overwhelm any possible difference.

watching this thread

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom