Maui Rebreather or Deco Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might check with B&B Scuba in Kihei:

Gas Blending
We offer a range of gas used in scuba diving including air, nitrox, and trimix.

At one time Scuba Lanai - Lanai Dive Trips, Lahaina Dive Shop, Scuba Lessons | Hawaiian Rafting Adventures was doing rebreather diving. I think it was more the staff than as a business offering. But I really don't know.

There was another outfit called North Shore Explorers but I haven't seen much about them in several years - they may be out of business. They might've been more tech focused but I'm pretty sure they were diving rebreathers also. Website doesn't seem to be functional so...

Jayson hasn't been on SB since Nov 2010.

Thanks diversteve

I talked to both BB and Hawaiian Rafting and they won't take rebreathers and can't fill O2. Haha, mentioning the word "rebreather" seems to be every Maui dive operation's cue to get annoyed and end the call as quickly as humanly possible! And don't bother to ask any of them how they can teach trimix classes without filling oxygen because the answer will be gibberish...

I found a number for North Shore but it was disconnected.

Not giving up just yet though!

Last edited:
Did you get Barney at B&B? Because they teach it: IANTD Inspiration Rebreather | Maui Rebreather Course

You might check with Ed Robinson also. He'd probably know if there is somewhere. Don't call on Weds. as he's usually on the boat. Maui Diving & Snorkel Adventures Or check with [user]Shaka Doug[/user] Neither of them dive rebreathers afaik but both are involved in local diving so may know.

Last option - Maui Dreams Dive Co lists a Draeger Dolphin cert. Since I know next to nothing about rebreather's IDK if they'd have what you need. Or will sell it to you. http://www.mauidreamsdiveco.com/ins...specialty-courses/specialty-courses-overview/

Are you on www.rebreatherworld.com? Someone there must know.

Last edited:
Did you call Lahaina Divers? They have a rebreather diver that goes out on their boat a lot. Last summer he was on all 4 dives that I went on. Maybe they can give you some info or connect you with him.

Would love to hook up with you guys in the future! I'm transferring in as a junior for UH Hilo's marine science program. I dive several rebreathers my favorite being the Titan and Prism2 (I'm going to be investing in the P2 once I move out in mid-August next month). I'm a certified full deep diver (50m, enriched air, on sidemount) but have not gotten the hours yet to take the P2 to trimix. Just wanted to introduce myself, this thread got me pumped for my big move! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom