Maui Normoxic Trimix Class Final Dive Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebreather heretic you...! (Now if I could just get a week off work so I can go play with my $6500 contraption that has been stuck on the big island for over a week now)...

I think you will really enjoy the RB! After you buy the unit the costs are very reasonable and diving with little or no bubbles is amazing. If you are doing trimix diving it sounds like it's a similiar savings! We used 500 psi per dive of a 19cu foot tank for O2 per dive... It may have been more for the 2 hour 40 min dive but not by much(it was a 60 foot dive)... I find you can approach critters so much closer and they'll even come back at you for another pass.... It was pretty priceless diving with Brad having the medium sized Manta come within 3-5 feet of us and just hover and check us out... The White tips we saw on the last dive was super cool! One came back a few times and swam pretty close to me and the other wasn't bothered by me one bit... I have seen sharks on other dives but they're usually trying to get away! I hope to do more when I get back from my trip in the fall.

Sean

rebreather heretic you...! (Now if I could just get a week off work so I can go play with my $6500 contraption that has been stuck on the big island for over a week now)...

Wish I had one to bring with me this summer while I'm on Oahu so we could do some learning/skills practice together with them - Alas I'm planning on a 2 month sabatical from Diving while over there so I can focus on another project that will need my full attention. I'll just have to get my diving fix from SB I guess :)

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom