Maui Monthly - November 11th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

last month we did Maliko gulch - lil' bit of a swim to get to past the "mud"

So Al, what happened to your RB class? I thought tomorrow morning was your Inspriration dive?

Aloha all....

Getting ready to run out the door for the Doobie Brothers concert. I'm just waiting for a couple of friends of mine. One of the Doobs found a little dove. It apparently hit some glass or something. So we were dealing with trying to find the wildlife people here at Waikoloa. I guess my buddies are going to have a bird in their room for the night during the show. We made a nest out of towels and put it in the lower drawer. The wildlife people are gone for the day.

I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Oh yeah! The Manta Ray night dive was awesome.

Tim, I'll PM my cell phone number to you.

I canceled the RB class but Jill is still doing it. Either way there wasn't enough room on the boat for us tomorrow. Jill will be on the rebreather sunday on the boat, I might be there on open circuit. Depends on the load. There is no way we could both get the time in on the RB before we head home. Maybe I will do it when I move next summer.

Part of the deal is those babies are pretty expensive. Do I want one more than a motorcycle? Probably not. Jill wants one so she'll have one.

Motorcycle or Reabreather? easy choice ... for me at least ... DPV! :D n/m lol

So we won't get to see Jill tomorrow eh? Who'll make you look good then? :wink:

No Jill will be there in the morning, there wasn't enough room on the boat for either of us. She has to be back to the shop by 2pm so she can set her rebreather up for sunday's dive.

Graves Caves was off today from yesterday so I'm hoping Ulua will be good. Might not clear up until we get past 30' on the second reef, which is fine by me.

I guess you'll have to make me look good dude :)

Well, Mark & I are yak'ing out to see Tony for 7am from Ulua... but we'll be back for the 9am meeting, I think.

Al, if it helps any, I think the rebreathers are a little overrated. Yeah, it's cool to stay down that long, but really, by the time you finish the dive, you've already peed in your wetsuit a couple of times, and you're just getting sick of having something in your mouth.

If you want the duration -- get a rig that will handle double 100's... far cheaper and far less to worry about! :D

I thought I'd be all over the rebreather and did get cettified to do the drager last year. Jill loves the Inspiration and raved about it when she returned yesterday.

As far as bottom time goes for shore dives around here I can go close to 2 hours on most dives, unless the work rate is way up because of currents. That's plenty long. I'm old so the desire to do deco dives is long gone. What would be nice would be the ease of creeping up on the sealife without scaring them and of course the warmth. I started getting cold this week.

We're gonna get outta here in a little bit, hit Mickey D's and head for Ulua. I'll make sure we're there for Tim's dive briefing at9am.

I'm just leaving Lahaina - so I should be there about 8:45 or so - I'll put the blue cooler under one of the trees - should be easy enough to spot ...

btw - don't look for my truck this time -

We had 2 nice dives at Ulua beach today - Al and Jill led the first dive and we found a Frog fish, a bunch of eels, nudibranchs and lots of other stuff Those bright yellow fins are great for following :wink:

Next dive was led by KrisB and Howard4113 - another great dive, even picked up an extra local diver, Jeff, who was at the beach - good for Mark as they were able to continue the dive together after the rest of us reached our turn point :)

From off-island we also had Parrotfins join us for his first ocean dives - (you sure you don't have 30 or 40 dives under your belt?)

All in all a great day diving :D Even Calscubagirl stopped by to stay "hi" after we all got out of the water.

Thanks to everyone for making today's dive such a sucess!

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
We had 2 nice dives at Ulua beach today - Al and Jill led the first dive and we found a Frog fish, a bunch of eels, nudibranchs and lots of other stuff Those bright yellow fins are great for following :wink:

Even Calscubagirl stopped by to stay "hi" after we all got out of the water.

Aloha, Tim

I forgot the picture of froggie on the thread I started.

Calscubagirl went to a concert and couldn't drag her butt outta bed in time to dive, but she showed up regardless so she regained points that were originally taken away :)
Is she diving with us on monday?

froggie.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom