Maui Monthly - July 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a great dive today with Howard4113 - it had been 3 weeks since I'd been able to get away for a dive and did it ever show today. I really felt "akward" in the water - still a nice 70 minute dive. Of course it didn't help when I got lost ... oops - We wound up touring 2x as much of the bay as usual, nearly making a circuit around the entire perimeter - very interesting, but all of a sudden the compass was telling me to go to deeper water in order to get back to shore ... really odd feeling ... I thought I'd made a mistake on my initial bearing, so I asked Mark which way - he took a bearing and pointed the same way my compass did ... guess who was wrong? :( (yes me ...) He also pointed out later that the coral on the south side of the bay as we came in was dying - upon getting out a couple of park rangers asked about the dive and asked him to share any photos of the area with them as they are collecting data to create a baseline for future comparison.

All in all a wonderful day to get back into the water... though the drive back home ... well that's another thread :wink:

Aloha, Tim

nope - nice dive, though the vis is not as good as it usually is up North... I think I just tend to hit the south side only on bad vis days ... must be me. It was about 30ft vis yesterday. Thursday I snorkelled From Honolua to Slaughterhouse beach, once past the mouth of the bay vis opened up to 100ft+ vis ... gorgeous!

My hubby and I will be in Maui during the August 5th time frame... Are you planning to dive that day? I just found you.... Do you have a group that dives together? I am interested! I will be staying in Kaanapali.
Thanks!

My hubby and I will be in Maui during the August 5th time frame... Are you planning to dive that day? I just found you.... Do you have a group that dives together? I am interested! I will be staying in Kaanapali. We will actually be there July 19-Aug 8 but hubby is flying on the 6th, so no diving for him on the 5th....

Thanks!

Well, the flight is booked for September 12, so it looks like I won't be joining you guys until October (at least not for these regular get-togethers) -- but after that, rest assured I'll be a regular attendee!

(and I don't think I'll be the one taking you up on that wager, Mark -- my SAC is only about 0.5-0.6 right now)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom