Maui Instructor reference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctmax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be In Maui looking to finish my open water certification. I see several shops that catch my eye, but being new to the sport I would like some input from folks that have been there and done that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at their site as well as Pacific Dive and Lahaina divers. There are several that catch my eye but for some reason these three stand out. Any Thoughts on Scuba Shack? Just took a look at their site

As always I reccomend B&B Scuba but hopefully in a year or so I'll be the guy people want to use over there :)

Scuba Shack is apparently good for guys, but the guy can be a bit of a creep to women... at least that's the rumour.

I dove with a course director named Bill Hannan. He was a great dive buddy and would be a great instructor for you. I think he also runs classes in association with Maui Dive Company.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to get on the phone talk to a few of the shops and see who I am comfortable with. If anyone has any other suggestions for a new nervous diver, I would welcome them.

See if Adam or Ryan are working for Maui Dive shop. THe shops a bit of a cattle call but always been treated good and never any bad experiances last 4 years.

We will be in Kapalua which is aparently 45min to 1hr away from the shops I have looked into. It was suggested by B&B that I give Island scuba a shout. Apparently they are near where I will be staying. Anyone ever dive or certify with them?

Back
Top Bottom