Maui here we come! April 12-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Diving with Lahaina Divers on the 13th and going to check out the Catherals.

Then Diving Molokini with B&B on the 14th.

We are staying at the Pineapple Inn in Kehie the first couple of nights and then to spend the next 4 nights at the Hyatt in Laihaina.

Cant wait!

Will post a trip report when we get back. If anyone wants to take an impromptu Shore dive with us at maybe Airport beach anytime between the 15th-18th, let us know! Tim? :wink:

This is our second time Diving in Maui, 1st time was same time last year and we had a couple of decent shore dives.

cheers,

Gene and Heather

Tell Stan Leo and Bill on the B&B boat that Jill and I say Hi :)

I think you need to come tell them "Hi" for yourself again Al :p

Hey Gene - looking forward to seeing you both again - give me a call and we'll see about putting a dive or two together :)

Aloha, Tim

Got here today. Staying at the Pineapple Inn in KEhei...awesome place to far!!

For the price its pretty tough to beat and the owners really have created a small piece of paradise right in Paradise and a gorgeous section of Kehei.

Might go Dive the 5 caves, 5 graves sometime between the 15th and 19th..Tim if your interested let me know. The owner of this B&B might come along as well.

best

Gene

Dove Catheral 1,2 today...decent dive. Not quite as nice as we had hoped but good.

WE went out with Lahaina Divers, cant say we would ever use them again. Nothing blantantly BAD about the experience but its just too much of a cattleboat feel for us. 24 divers on the boat today. The staff was probably the LEAST interested in the divers that ive ever seen. For the most part the crew hung out together upstairs and was blasting some death metal music. If you asked them questions they would get all quiet as if your bugging them.

All in all not the best trip but anytime we get wet is cool with us. Our last time out was with Stuart Coves in Bahamas a few months ago and they really are a great personable bunch. The guys for Lahaina Divers just seem quite young and immature.

Tomorrow we dive with B&B and are going to Molokini...hope its awesome and will post back ASAP.

Gene and Heather

kidspot:
I think you need to come tell them "Hi" for yourself again Al :p

Aloha, Tim
Not this year Tim and maybe not next year either. We're going to Roatan in the morning for two weeks, then we have two weeks in Florida this fall during the Dema show and next spring we're on the liveaboard AquaCat for a week. Maybe about 18 months from now.

scrapdizzy:
WE went out with Lahaina Divers, cant say we would ever use them again. Nothing blantantly BAD about the experience but its just too much of a cattleboat feel for us. 24 divers on the boat today. The staff was probably the LEAST interested in the divers that ive ever seen. For the most part the crew hung out together upstairs and was blasting some death metal music. If you asked them questions they would get all quiet as if your bugging them.

I have to say I'm very disappointed to hear this. :shakehead We used to dive with Lahaina Divers all the time (we got our OW and AOW with them), and they always provided amazing service and the crew was always so fun to be with. On our last trip to Maui (this past December), we went with LD to Lanai, and had the EXACT same experience as you. :no :no We were rather surprised to be treated this way and came to the same decision as you. We won't be back with LD.

Dove Molokini and 5 Graves today with B&B. Complete opposite experience. The guys were awesome!

Good dives as well. Its amazing how having a cool staff can change the outlook and feel of an entire trip.

Dave and Bill...all u guys rock!

Vis at Graves was only about 40ft unfortunately but still some great stufff and tons of turtles. Molokini was nice, not as much colors nd life as we had hoped but still had fun.

Downside to B&B is definately the older boat. Other than that it was a great experiece and we woudl definately reccomend them.

To you new people like 90% of the people onboard today, tip for good service!!!

Not 1 other couple besiees us tipped the guys, that was sad to see.

Back
Top Bottom