Maui Dives Help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all i feel a lot better about this trip now thanks,rick...

I just got back from a fabulous 10 days on maui. We went diving 3 times while there. Boat trip to Molikini with Ed Robinson's(HIGHLY recommend, trip was awesome. Even got to see a hawksbill turtle at about 65ft just sitting on the reef. Went to Lanai with Dive Maui aka Hawaiin rafting adventures, also liked them. They are definitely no frills, but still very fun and enjoyable. Capt/DM Steve even pulled a white tip reef shark out of a cave for us to see :) VERY cool! Last trip we went cheap, and jsut rented some tanks from Maui dive shop. Went to old-airport and we loved it. From everyone I talked with on the various trips, I didn't hear any dive ops to stay away from. But, like always, that was just *my* experience. Your's may vary slightly. Both my dive partner and I are already trying to find time to go back! :wink:

webbah:
Which shops - or do they all - rent Al80's and nothing smaller?

B&B has a huge amount of 63's to go along with their 80's but you can also rent some 100's if ya have the need.

I'm headed there myself on the 4th for some shore diving. Shore diving on Maui is great.

Rob

Another vote for shore diving . . . I've done Ulua Beach, Ahihi Bay, Old Airport, Mala Ramp, and Honolua Bay. We've seen turtles, sharks, and tons of reef fish. Navigation is generally pretty easy. The only bad thing is that surf conditions can mean limited visibility at times.

I'd add that Maui Dreams carries 63's, 67's, 80's and 100's... and if you're *really* nice, they do have a couple "compact 80's" that one of the owners likes to use. :)

As they use "The Stick" they can blend Nitrox into any size tank you want, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom