Maui dive shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pretty much dive always anyway, and not from boats much lately, so maybe someone else will correct my babble? :D

No corrections, AFAI can tell.

I haven't heard of any pattern to wind cancellation -- it's usually only when there's a nasty swell in conjunction that prevents safe entry/exit from the Kihei harbour that things really get cancelled.

B&B is the best hands down, There dive boat is well kept and only has small groups and the rates are well within reason. The service you get there is ok the first time you go, but when you come back they warm up to you year after year and then they treat you like family. I always go there and always leave happy. If you are shore diving alot they are also the best deal on tank rentals. I have also used maui dive shop, and lahina divers of those two I would go with maui dive shop on boat dives, the service is always changing hands. People get hired and fired there. Lahina divers is also good but I found them very strict on depth limits and so forth but good service.

My comments may be a little late as this thread is a little old, BUT

I would echo shawnstam's comments regarding B&B EXCEPT that I found that B&B made my wife and I feel like family on our first trip out with them. I have dived with several of the often recommended (on this board) dive boat operators on Maui during the past couple years and my favorite hands down is B&B. I have referred several people to B&B who who had a great time with them as well. B&B will be getting all my future boat diving business on Maui (assuming they aren't booked full).

Enjoy your trip!

I just went last week with B & B and Shaka Doug.

Both were great. B&B leaves really early in the moring so you have the whole day to do something after. Doug does only shore dives and is more late back and relaxed.

But if you like shore dives I would go with Shaka Doug, We had a really great time with him. He pointed every little thing out to us and not to mention he has the SCUBA BUS :)

I dove with B&B (4 days) and once with Shaka Doug towards the beginning of the month. All are very friendly and will make sure you have a great time!

B&B is one of my favorite ops... Friendly long term crew, and they get you back nice and early. Big plus if you have a non-diving spouse. When my wife is able to start diving, I hope she takes my recommendation to do her OW course with Brad. I watched him with students on 3 different occassions and he's awesome. Patient, funny, and really seems to put people at ease in the water.

Doug is the shore diving master! We had an awesome dive at 5 caves, and a week later I am still remembering cool stuff we saw that didn't make the log book.

Both good picks =)

-b

I know it's late Feb, but I'm on Maui right now and I really like B&B. Brad and Blesi, Capt Bill, Stan, and all the crew are great. Besides Blesi's daily dose of homemade cookies, pineapple, and turkey sannys on Hawaiian sweet bread, the operation is first class. I've been to Maui countless times over the last 15 years and I always return to B&B. I've been out w/Maui Dive Shop and have had good and bad experiences, but don't go back anymore. I went out w/Lahaina Divers and my best comment would be 'cattle boat'. B&B only runs 1 trip daily but can accomidate any level or a mix and do it well. I like getting back around 10am. I can go take a nap on the beach afterwards and work on my vacation tan and still have the rest of the day.
Best of luck

My wife and I stayed in Lahaina in early January and dove with Extended Horizons and Ed Robinson's. Our experience with Extended was fantastic. We dove three times (two day trips, and one night dive) with them. Extremely knowledgeable, and relaxed. On the other hand, we had issues with the crew from Ed Robinson's. I am not sure if it was their B-crew, or just a bad day on the boat. The best words I can think of to describe the trip are: unfriendly, unprofessional, almost rude at times. I was actually surprised as they seemed to have such high recommendations. Like I said, maybe just a bad day on the boat, but I will never know, as I will never dive with them again. Probably try B&B next time in Kihei. They sound like my type of op. I will definitely stick with Extended Horizons while in Lahaina area.

Herbz

I've never had an unfriendly or bad experience on an Ed Robinson boat, but if I had the same experience as you, I'd likely look to B&B or Mike Severns instead. B&B has a huge following on this board so it would be hard to say you'd go wrong booking with them.

Back
Top Bottom