Maui Dive Shop Reference...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome advice everyone. thanks very much.

Warmvise,

Your post is kind of frustrating! A few posters asked you why you want a shop, for what purpose, and your response was "awesome advice everyone". My own experience was I used Maui Dive Shop for completion of open water, they were patient and supportive. B&B scuba had outstanding dives in Molokini and Brad (of B&B) is a character who shouldn't be missed. Ed Robinson had a great night dive to Molokini.

Couple of other comments, some times during the year are very crowded, so book ahead if possible. We tried to get a last minute booking during christmas season and ended up with a really shady operator (don't worry we'll take care of your gear and zip your weights into you vest pockets not your integrated weight belts). Also, some shops are better at diving locations than training. My AOW was during a busy season and I got less attention than was probably advisable; My recommendation would be to go to a place like Maui Dive shop for training where they have more instructors than some of the smaller operations.

The key thing about this kind of question on scubaboard , is it works better if you describe exactly what you want....:D

lighten up, bro. asking for suggestions on a dive shop doesn't have to be so complicated. seems as though there were numerous responses that understood that i was basically looking for a safe reliable and affordable dive operator. they didn't seem to be so hung up on it. what's the big deal? it's like you make it a personal issue when someone is vague. if I don't ask for specifics, don't give me specifics, just refer that which you prefer. it doesn't always have to be rocket science. refer me a dive shop. pretty simple.

It gets kind of wierd when people put things in print sometimes, doesn't it?? Everyone seems to take things so literally without reading between the lines...

I hope you have fun Warmvise!!

warmvise, your right, and I dove with the two I have suggested the others I have heard good things about, I am sure if you ask a ten people about the same shop or guide you will get one person that did not enjoy their experience. I would definitly recommend Shaka Doug if you want some of the best diving, cool descriptives and history of the sites, and the best price for everything I mean everything included he is your man, and if you want short notice. I called him at like 8am and was diving about 930 with him and two others. No hassles. Anyhow have tons of fun cause that is what its all about. Oh and if he offers you the DVD take it 40 bucks seems steep but he captures alot of stuff and it was well worth it.

cool... I'll definitely check out Shaka DOug. I think he was on here with suggestions as well.

Shaka, do you do AOW training by chance? I'm now thinking I might want to up the cert'. I'll be staying in Lahaina FYI, but I have a car.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend Maui Dreams in Kihei. Just an awesome op all around, great people.

warm I am pretty sure he does if you go to his website it has it on there, best thing would be to give him a call. (808) 250-1234 Padi Certification Classes this link takes you right to the padi cert courses his site has up..

have fun

We have stayed in Lahaina the last 2 times we were there and I dove with Lahaina Divers and had a very nice time. I considered the ones in Kiehi but didn't want to get up that early in the morning!

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom