Trip Report Maui dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there recommendation for a better boat op out of Lahaina? I want to do some easy boat dives with an inexperienced family member so I am not so interested in Molikini back wall stuff. I was gonna go out with Lahaina divers but if they are annoyed by customers, well, like I said, recommendations please.

We used Extended Horizons a few trips back and really liked them - and accdg to social media posts, they run Lanai dives up to 70 minutes. They go from Mala just north of Lahaina. I would have used them again, except their post covid pricing (and I get why they do it) was just too much to bear for two dives. They were $375 per person for two dives. I believe that you get what you pay for, it would have ben better but would it have been worth an extra $225? Personal decision, for me I could not justify it. Lanai Cathedral and Molokini Crater is very easy diving.

Some people like Lahaina Divers, look here and on trip adviser, so mine is just one review. Maybe it was a bad day, dunno.

My son and I had a good trip with Lahaina Divers way back in 2003. Did Lanai, backwall... Sounds like I would hesitate to use then again if I ever returned to Maui. Do they still use the smaller tanks?

They were 80s, but the diameter was a it smaller than other 80s we used, had to adjust the BC straps. But not smaller (or I'd really be impressed with my 1K leftovers)

MD gets back later from Lanai because the dives are at least an hour each, and they do a proper 60 min surface interval in between.

Sorta raises another point I didn't address. MD had in excess of an hour SI. Partly because of the crossing, but still, sounds like policy. LD was more in the range of 45 minutes

Some people like Lahaina Divers, look here and on trip adviser, so mine is just one review. Maybe it was a bad day, dunno.

My experience with Lahaina Divers was not good. Maybe they had another bad day.

Back
Top Bottom