Maui dive dilemma!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Given your restriction of ONE day of diving, I'd say go to Lanai with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures in the morning, then talk to Shaka Doug about getting some afternoon shore dives in.

Lanai is *generally* better diving than Molokini / South Maui, with far less previous-diver impact.

As far as I know, Doug is the only operator that consistently offers afternoon dives.

For me it would depend on where you were staying....

If you are in the Kaanapali area, then I'd go to Lanai for a two tank morning, then arrange an afternoon/twilight trip to do like the new wreck and Mala pier (which can be a shore or night dive as well). We loved Lanai and thought Cathedrals was an amazing dive.

I believe Lahaina divers offers this kind of day (we went with them and thought they were a GREAT outfit), but Extended Horizons also has a very good reputation.

Getting to Kihei for a 6am departure is BRUTAL if you are staying on the West side. You're on vacation after all!

If you're in Wailea or Kihei I'd go for any number of dive ops that run molokini trips. A previous post listed most of them. We went with ProDivers and highly recommend them. You can then hook up with Doug for a Shakarific afternoon shore dive (or two).

Have fun!!

A pic from Cathedrals 2

dscn0349a.jpg

THANKS everyone for the recommendations. We are staying in Lahaina not too far to Kihei or the Kaanapali area.

I am leaning towards the Lanai boat dive. Hopefully the conditions are good during my dive day. :D

Looking forward to our trip and my 1 day of diving. I hope to post some photos once I get back.

Thanks again.

Dive safe,
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom