Maui 1st week in November, who to dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maui Dreams rents tanks and weights in Kihei and do a great job. If you've never been to Maui, I'd really recommend you hire a guide a few times to get the most out of what Hawaii offers underwater. Shaka Doug would be the guy you'd want to talk to.

Going over for a week or so from Oahu. Just curious who runs a good outfit over there. I think we are staying in Kihei. Would like to do a couple of boat dives and some shore dives. Prefer to stay away from the tourist, discover scuba diving boats. Thanks.

Also, who's kamaaina/military friendly?
Mike severns gives a $15 discount for Kamaaina. Just need your Hawaii drivers licence. They wouldn't give it to me as I only have a "Wailea community association card"

Last edited:
Second the recommendation in Kihei for Maui Dreams' rentals - they have AL100s which is a big plus to me. Friendly to shore divers and nice folks as well... Didn't get a chance to try their scooter dives but those sounded fun.

If you are looking for someone to take you shore diving in South Maui, Shaka Doug of Shaka Divers is your best bet!!! He offers kama'aina rates as well. Give him a call at 808-250-1234, you'll be glad you did!

I was impressed with Shaka Doug and my cousin thinks Doug is the bomb. He found all sorts of things for us to look at, I don't know how he does it because I could barely see through all the muck. The vis was really kicked up but we still saw lots of stuff. Saw several octopi and even a medium sized manta, several turtles and harlequin shrimp. I don't think I would try 5 Caves/Turtle Town without first going with Doug, he showed us from above and from the rocks how to get in without hurting ourselves or getting pulled into the 'cheese grater' shore rocks. The next day the vis was much better, and the vis was awesome on the boat dives. Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom