http://www.diveheart.org/

Matt The AquaMan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Wonder Boy:
Hi every one. I just wanted to share with you what I have found on the internet. This is a snorkel for people that have tracks. This is the full name Larchel Watertherapy & Breathing Device. I can't use this myself but I can use how they it seals around the trach. I am writing them for more info. Hopefully they well some more ideas to seal around my trach, because that is one of the biggest thing to over come but my doctors and other friends and myself do have ideas to over come that.

Here is the link to Larchel Watertherapy & Breathing Device if any one wants to see the device. http://www.tracheostomy.com/misc/larchel.htm one of the dive stores in MN wants to do a found drive for my dream project. I thought that was cool. I got this cool e-mail from Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Inn Kaya Utrecht and I want to share this message with you all.

I know that Matt is looking for donations for his quest to dive. We would like to make a special donation
and see what we can do to get Matt do dive at least 1 time on Bonaire. We own a small Inn with a villa
large and open enough to accommodate Matt easily. We would love to have him down for a week free of
charge. We also have 4 studios that could accommodate any medical/dive personnel that he would need
to come with him free of charge of course.

We would also be willing to work with local business people on Bonaire to get everything we could at no
cost to him. The people of Bonaire are wonderful and giving. Please if there is anything we can do let us
know. What a precious gift it would be to see him get his dream. I only hope we can help him achieve it.

I would love to go there I do know the diving is aw some there but it is a long way away for me. Florida or San Diego are the main places I am leaning toward since they are the closest to me but how knows I may get to Bonair yet.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Take care all and have a Happy New Year.

Safe diving from Matt. :dazzler1:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Hi Matt! Happy New Year! I hope this is the years you make it happen!

I know it's a major hike but If you can pull it off...Bonair would be the place to go. That's a divers Meca and the vis is going to help out alot! Hats off to Ed and Liz Ginocchio at Golden Reef Inn Kaya Utrecht.

HI Chris how are you doing? I hope 2005 will be my year to dive. I also hope to get to Bonair for the dive that would be far out. Did you get a lot of use out of the dry suit.

Take care and safe diving from your friend Matt. :crafty:

Best wishes to you for the new year,
May this be the year that your dream comes true!!

:D HI Tavi how are you doing? thanks for the nice message! I hope 2005 will be my year to dive. I enjoyed your photographs.

Happy New year and Safe Diving

Matt

Happy New Year! May your dreams unfold!

Glad I can help you in some small way.
There are a lot of brilliant people on this board and I'm sure somehow it will be possible.
The technology is out there to get you below safely and experience that wonderful weightlessness!
Have you heard of Karl Stanley?
www.stanleysubmarines.com
Perhaps you could go aboard a submarine some day and cruise down to 2000 feet in the Cayman Trench. Dreams do happen!
Diver Dan

Hi Diver Dan, thanks for the nice message. All help in a small way adds up to something big. Thanks. You are right there are alot of billiant people on this board. Technology is endless today. I know with all the support I have this dream will happen. Then there will be new proven technology. I have heard about Karl Stanley. Phil Nuytten might be taking me on one of his next summer. That would be awsome.

Take care and safe diving.

Matt

Hi friends, I have another update for you. Guess what I am going to be filmed on Monday for a fundraiser for the MDA exclusively for Duchenne's MD. They plan to film people of all different ages with MD. I hope to "plug" my scuba diving dream at the same time! Just another update and will add more information as it come up.
Safe diving as always,
Matt

Hi everybody, here’s my latest article that I wanted to share. The company that makes my project shirts posted an article about me. Here’s the link. http://www.zazzle.com/welcome/home/default.asp Also I was in an article in the Feb. issue of Florida scuba news. Thanks again everybody for all the support. Have a great day and safe diving, from your dive friend Matt :dazzler1:

Hi everybody, just wanted to tell everyone I finally got my Newport HT50 ventilator to use when I'm up in my wheelchair. Hope now the company will take notice and want to donate! Take care everyone and safe diving.
Matt

Don't forget that Matt is just getting started. Stay tuned for info on his future dives.

See Jan issue of Scuba News for nice recap article on Matt's Keys dives, written by his friend Susan Long of D.U.I. In print and in dive shops now.

Doug
Scuba News

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom