Matching my backup computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody still have a working Dr X deco program?
My unlimited Abysmal Diving program has been dead since the computer motherboard of the computer that it was running on became unrepairable. Chris, after the bankruptcy, was no longer in a position to help.

Michael

Hmmm, how do I attach these to my wrist?
20200421_111531_copy_800x728.jpg

I was thinking about, well "regretting", all of the unnecessary decompression I did over the years when we used USN and DCIEM tables. It wasn't so bad at home, since we mostly dive squarish profiles, but I used to run a liveaboard trip starting in the mid-80s. We used to take a stack of continuous computer paper to run our profiles on. By the morning of the third day, we would be in about Group WW. And that was in the Exumas and relatively shallow. I suspect that if we did those same dives today, we'd be able to ride our NDL up and pretty much avoid everything but a safety stop...

The wheel is easy.
I've never seen a Curta calculator, beautiful piece of fine machinery. The company still exists, now in Switzerland, and has an extensive supply of unused spare parts curta service

Michael

The wheel is easy.
I've never seen a Curta calculator, beautiful piece of fine machinery. The company still exists, now in Switzerland, and has an extensive supply of unused spare parts curta service

Michael
Thank you for this link! I have emailed them with a question....
Next time I get to N.FL (when oh when?) I'll bring it along and maybe we can meet up and you can play with it. It is indeed a marvelous piece of machinery.

I'd love to. But before you let me hold it in my hands I need to wash them, scrub my nails and put on a pair of white cotton lint free gloves.
Current plan is to get to Lake City the beginning of June along with Kater. The house has minimal furnishings (washer, dryer, 3 place couch 2 place couch and reclining chair all in leather, dining room table with 4 chairs, usable kitchen, waterbed and a pc table for the master bedroom + some clothes). all the divinggear, 40 years of tools, clothes and the furniture that I wanted to take with me will eventually show up in the 20' container. I'll need 4 to 6 weeks to unpack and get everything shipshape, maybe longer if Kater decides to help:facepalm:.
Will need to get a diving car, sign up with AT&T for internet and maybe phone, order 4k of stuff from Amazon and spend a week burning boxes in the back yard before I can take a break.
But I'm looking foward to it!:)

Michael

I'd love to. But before you let me hold it in my hands I need to wash them, scrub my nails and put on a pair of white cotton lint free gloves.
Current plan is to get to Lake City the beginning of June along with Kater. The house has minimal furnishings (washer, dryer, 3 place couch 2 place couch and reclining chair all in leather, dining room table with 4 chairs, usable kitchen, waterbed and a pc table for the master bedroom + some clothes). all the divinggear, 40 years of tools, clothes and the furniture that I wanted to take with me will eventually show up in the 20' container. I'll need 4 to 6 weeks to unpack and get everything shipshape, maybe longer if Kater decides to help:facepalm:.
Will need to get a diving car, sign up with AT&T for internet and maybe phone, order 4k of stuff from Amazon and spend a week burning boxes in the back yard before I can take a break.
But I'm looking foward to it!:)

Michael
LOL! Sounds like a plan! A very serious plan....

That's a good question, do you have the slightest idea of the answer, even on a 1st clean dive? I would love to know. Any idea what the NDL to 60 feet on air would be? I would guess it would be 60 min or less, consistent with USN limits.
60' 52 min. 70' 39 mi . 80' 31 min. 90' 24 min 100' 19 min
110' 13 min 120' 10 min 130' 9min
There is very little penalty for repetitive dives.
They will work for dives up to 200' but are quirky, depending on model and iteration may add depth as a safety cushion.
The real NDL is truly hard to figure even after keeping notes for years.
I have seen a 50' plus ceiling on dive 1 in 170' that completely cleared by the time I hit 15' .
Total dive time with normal ascent was around 20minutes.
I have about a dozen.

Back
Top Bottom