Matching my backup computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
What Gradient Factor should I use on my Teric to match my backup computer?
20200420_155651_copy_800x600.jpg

That picture is great ! Been a while since I've seen one of those. Would have been perfect on April's fools day. :D

That's a good question, do you have the slightest idea of the answer, even on a 1st clean dive? I would love to know. Any idea what the NDL to 60 feet on air would be? I would guess it would be 60 min or less, consistent with USN limits.

That's a good question, do have the slightest idea of the answer, even on a 1st clean dive? I would love to know. Any idea what the NDL to 60 feet on air would be?
I'm going to guess 60 mins!
Unfortunately, the bag inside is ripped so I can't really try it out. I bought it used as a deco-class demo item....

I dunno but I can run it against my EDGEs and Skinny Dippers if you'd like a comparison to a modern computer. Wait til you start running multiple dives vs. the Teric.

I dunno but I can run it against my EDGEs and Skinny Dippers if you'd like a comparison to a modern computer. Wait til you start running multiple dives vs. the Teric.
Hi @100days-a-year

I doubt either has a NDL planner. Do you happen to know the NDLs for any depth 60+ feet for either of them?. The 60 feet for 60 minutes for the USN tables would be a good benchmark.

Thanks

Interesting: The End of the Edge : Undercurrent 07/1999

Your backup computer wasn't exactly a computer but a decompression meter that worked by slowly letting pressure act on a sealed tube. If I remember right, I believe that it delivered similar results to the first Buehlmann-Hahn tables.
Shortly later I was diving with a Hans Haas Decobrain which was the first digital deco computer (It predated the Edge by several months)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQicAxuZuIrQSe-hiLv-DFsB1ccermHej3dLNVXyH7PfrRIw2GKJVjguyCs3Q&s.jpg

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom