Info Masterliveaboard.com can I trust them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are based in EU so ATOL rules should apply.

Have you tried contacting your credit card company and getting a refund that way.

Thanks for the warning about Blue Water Travel. BTW, I believe Phillippines Siren is part of the same group as Indo Siren: Master/Siren fleet.
Yes they are, which is why i replied. Here's the deal, there's not really anything wrong with Bluewater, but i felt misled when I was told i was reserving at no risk, then i couldn't get a refund when I asked. It worked out, i repurposed my deposit and took the wife to the Bahamas Aggressor.

Which reminds me, i need to write up a review and post pics lol

i book recently a trip to the Bahamas for January.
the boat crash with another boat ,so trip was cancelled.
ii use my CC to dispute the charge but today i receive e-mail from Master that i would be refund.
I book DIRECTLY with Master who may be made the difference.
Last 15 years i take numerous GREAT trips with Master (always book directly)and never had any problems.

I should have been more specific in addressing MasterLiveaboard’s stated FCO requirement

“Please note that your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against travel to your destination or its immediate vicinity.”

Here are three references to the FCO travel restriction that was in place prior to my initial request for a full refund.

1. The Guardian -

Antonia Wilson
Mon 13 Apr 2020 13.09 BST
First published on Tue 24 Mar 2020 11.21 GMT

Coronavirus travel updates: which countries have restrictions and FCO warnings in place?
Foreign Office advises UK nationals against all non-essential travel. Plus latest travel bans and repatriation information across the globe, updated as the situation changes

The Foreign Office (FCO) is advising UK nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice took effect on 17 March, for an initial period of 30 days, but was extended on 4 April for an indefinite period. Border closures and other travel restrictions are increasing globally.

2. FitForTravel - Fitfortravel is maintained by the Travel and International Health Team of Public Health Scotland (PHS)

Travel Advice for Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Update 23)
26 May 2020

On the 17 March 2020 the FCO issued an Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice advising all British nationals against all but essential travel worldwide. As of 26 May 2020 this remains in place.

* Full details of the FCO Exceptional Travel Advisory Notices can be found here:

3. BBC News Published 17 March 2020

Coronavirus: Britons urged to avoid non-essential travel abroad

British nationals should avoid all non-essential foreign travel to tackle the spread of coronavirus, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has advised.

It is the first time the FCO has advised against foreign travel anywhere in the world.

Has anyone else booked a dive trip with either Masterliveaboard.com or Liveaboard.com prior to March 17, 2020 and then asked for a refund after the FCO announcement? If you did, can you please update this Forum with the outcome.

P.S. I'm still waiting (since Dec. 15) to hear back from Kerry (Masterliveaboard.com). I don't understand why she deferred her response to Liveaboard.com, since it is Masterliveaboard's 'Terms and Conditions' that I have questions about and would like to have clarified. That's why I started this Forum thread.

They are based in EU so ATOL rules should apply.

Have you tried contacting your credit card company and getting a refund that way.
I've had success with credit card companies in getting refunds when vendors have refused repayment, although not specifically with liveaboards. Worth a try.

I've had success with credit card companies in getting refunds when vendors have refused repayment, although not specifically with liveaboards. Worth a try.
Yes, I tried to get reimbursed by my CC company but was refused. After Liveaboard.com gave me two 'choices', lose my money or 'reschedule' for the next year. I 'chose' the latter. Later, without an explanation, in early 2021 I received suspicious phone calls from Liveaboard.com reps who asked me where else other than Indonesia I would like to take a dive trip. This was followed up by a call a few days later from Regina, who asked about the initial cost of my dive trip. And later without an explicit warning, hiked up the price of my dive trip from $3430 usd to just over $5000 usd. Shortly after that I tried to get reimbursed by my CC company. But, they refused because the postponement of my initial trip in 2020 to 2021 meant that on paper I had initially booked my trip when the pandemic had already been declared. That's because Liveaboard.com had issued a new Booking number in 2020 with new dates.

In my opinion, companies such as Liveaboard.com and Masterliveaboard.com should show more integrity by providing the refunds themselves instead of downloading those costs to Insurance and CC companies.

Yes, I tried to get reimbursed by my CC company but was refused. After Liveaboard.com gave me two 'choices', lose my money or 'reschedule' for the next year. I 'chose' the latter. Later, without an explanation, in early 2021 I received suspicious phone calls from Liveaboard.com reps who asked me where else other than Indonesia I would like to take a dive trip. This was followed up by a call a few days later from Regina, who asked about the initial cost of my dive trip. And later without an explicit warning, hiked up the price of my dive trip from $3430 usd to just over $5000 usd. Shortly after that I tried to get reimbursed by my CC company. But, they refused because the postponement of my initial trip in 2020 to 2021 meant that on paper I had initially booked my trip when the pandemic had already been declared. That's because Liveaboard.com had issued a new Booking number in 2020 with new dates.

In my opinion, companies such as Liveaboard.com and Masterliveaboard.com should show more integrity by providing the refunds themselves instead of downloading those costs to Insurance and CC companies.
Can you not say that the rebooking was done "under duress" and hence the new date should not apply. I would challenge the CC company and report them and live aboard both to the relevant industry ombusdan

Can you not say that the rebooking was done "under duress" and hence the new date should not apply. I would challenge the CC company and report them and live aboard both to the relevant industry ombusdan
It has been almost 2 years now, so I think that opportunity has passed. At one point, I did ask Liveaboard.com to issue another Booking Voucher with what I considered was the correct date showing my initial booking date on January 21, 2020 instead of the second date of June 15, 2020, but they refused. Otherwise, the CC company would have provided a refund, because the initial booking date was before a Pandemic was announced and before most countries closed their borders.

My dispute with Masterliveaboard.com and Liveaboard.com has been resolved as of Jan 27, 2022. See page 21 of 'Liveaboard.com can I trust them' forum thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom