Were you able to reschedule your Indo LA due to Covid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My travel agent’s terms and conditions includes a term that allows refund less admin charges for cancellation more than a month ahead. It is one of the reasons that I use them.

I cancelled more than 3 months ahead, so legally it is my agent’s problem. I think my agent is incentivised to help secure a rescheduling as the alternative is a refund so they will help to the best of their ability.

That's a generous policy. I heard BM/WM are not starting back up until at least September.

That's a generous policy. I heard BM/WM are not starting back up until at least September.
Last I heard, Bali (but not the rest of Indonesia) would reopen in September, but I think it is a moving target. My trips for Banda are scheduled for September and I seriously doubt that they will run.

That’s disappointing, both for the Indonesians and those wishing to travel there. We have booked a LA in November hoping that things will have calmed down by then. We also rescheduled our recent missed trip on Pindito with absolutely no problem, they were extremely helpful. I didn’t even bother to try for a refund as our take on it is that we should be supporting these operators through a tough time for our mutual benefit, and a rescheduling without penalty is a generous gesture.

I have a November 2020 trip booked and fully paid for on Blue Manta. Understand that it will not be cancelled till 30 days before if flights are not allowed to Indonesia and if so trip will be rebooked. So many uncertainties. Do not think I will feel safe flying to Indonesia in 3 months even if they open up.

I have a November 2020 trip booked and fully paid for on Blue Manta. Understand that it will not be cancelled till 30 days before if flights are not allowed to Indonesia and if so trip will be rebooked. So many uncertainties. Do not think I will feel safe flying to Indonesia in 3 months even if they open up.
The uncertainties are disturbing. I booked ages ago, but now don’t know when or if to book internal or international flights.

The uncertainties are disturbing. I booked ages ago, but now don’t know when or if to book internal or international flights.
Believe me that for the owners and staff of the companies fully depending on tourism it is a bit "disturbing" as well :wink:. Until now the three limiting factors are: visa, flights and regulations when you come back in your home country. Nothing we have any influence upon. In the meantime: just enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom