Mask with red filters, anyone used one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried one seval years ago. It does a good job for a while but eventually your brain recalibrates itself and everything looks almost normal again...Wierd part is when you surface, it takes several seconds for your brain to adjust again....everything had a green tint for several seconds. All in all, a fun toy but unless I bought it solely for snorkeling I wouldn't buy one,esp if I was going to have a prescription put in it.

I still have one and use it on occasion but I mostly use the Oceanic with clear lenses. Night dives are rather odd with the red hue.

I have a Seadive anti-fog with a yellow lens for freshwater and a rose lens for the saltwater. I love it and its easy to interchange them. The yellow brightens up the ugly colors of freshwater and makes it easier to see and the rose puts all the reds back into the gorgeous colors of the ocean :wink: I recommend them and have always had great luck...Keep us posted as to what you get.....

I had the red one that I got at a DEMA for pretty much free. It was ok as a novelty, but like so much other dive stuff that has failed pver the years to make the cut, I eBayed it.
The mask itself was well-made - I would have no problem recommending the clear mask. The ground in gauge-readers are also worth the money.

I got a SeaVision because it fit the best. Then Whoa! the color in shallow tropical fish…forgot all about the lens color and thought I was on drugs or something.
I like the mask so well I keep forgetting to bring a clear one for night, really got to do that and see if I am missing something in the darker dives.

I've got a SeaVision mask with rose lenses that I've been using for years, and I like it better than almost any other mask I've tried. Well made, and fits me well. I like having the reds brought back to life, especially once I'm deeper than 20-30'. Not really recommended for night dives though - it can be pretty dark with the rose lenses. I do some u/w photography and interestingly, the colors I see in my photographs (if I manage to get the exposure correct!) are very similar to what I see through my mask.

Back
Top Bottom