Mask with red filters, anyone used one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a SeaVision that I bought when I was in Maui. It actually worked pretty well. I was impressed at how it gave balanced color, especially when doing 60+ feet dives.

My favorite mask is still my Cressi Matrix. I just love the field of view and the fit on my face. Plus, most of my diving is in Monterey, so I have a light to bring color out.

:zen:

Thats a good question. I want to get rid of the cheap ol' SeaSport 20 dollar mask that has no field of vision. Any other people have comments on their mask and what they like?

I know the whole comfort thing and everything, but I just want something I can get a better look around on. I run into things with my mask.

Not to sure how the SeaVision works, never used it. Looks pretty cool though.

i do mostly shallow dives say above 60' , shore dives,
what do you mean by 'balanced' color, i mean is the effect obvious, or subtle and hence no worth having a 2nd mask ?

My husband loves his because on the surface it cuts down on the reflection from the light hitting the water, that reflection tends to give him a headache.
Ber :lilbunny:

The Seavision mask with red lens use a color correcting lens that filters out the blue. They are great for tropical waters. They also have UV protection from the sun. Colder or darker waters can use the yellow lens, which are light enhancing lens, much like driving glasses that sharpen and maximize the ambient light.

For All faces (60-240 lbs) One of a handful of masks that fits almost all faces
Sea Vision’s Patented Color-Correcting system enhances the color spectrum under water
The Color Correcting Filter (magenta) is for use in warmer waters where colors are rich and vibrant. By using the color-correcting filter, users will better experience the colors of the underwater world that are often lost at depth.
Provides Excellent Peripheral Vision as well as Low Volume
Crystal silicone – The highest grade silicone available for a soft comfortable seal
Swivel buckles for comfort
100 percent U/V protection
COLORS: All Black, Black with Blue accent, Black with Yellow accent, Black with Green accent or Black with Purple accent
Buy Seavision 2000 Mask PF2000 with reviews at scuba.com

i do mostly shallow dives say above 60' , shore dives,
what do you mean by 'balanced' color, i mean is the effect obvious, or subtle and hence no worth having a 2nd mask ?

The information that scuba.com posted is dead on. The magenta mask worked really well in Hawaii, but not as good in Monterey because of the darker water.

When I first got it, I wondered if it would create a red hue like it seems to when you look through it out of the water. I didn't know if it would make colors look fake or weird underwater, but it doesn't at all. Colors looked more natural underwater with it.
I don't know if it is because it filters the blue out, or adds red back in since that is the first color to be filtered out by the water.

Hope this info helps,

:zen:

Seavision gave me one to try out years ago. The mask was very high quality, the tint was OK in the tropics but sucked in temperate waters. I still have the mask (more than 10 years old) and my wife loves to use it in the keys for snorkeling.

The rose colored masks are pretty good at bringing out the colors in well lit, tropical water. The fun part is getting readjusted to the surface views once you take the mask off! Whoa!!

I have dove with mine for a couple years now and won't dive without it in tropical blue waters. It is not as good in green, murkier water or at night. Seems to add the red back in and colors are a lot more vibrant. And when you take it off on the surface after having it on for awhile, it is green everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom