Mask Suggestions for People with a Prominent Browline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skindiver

New
Reaction score
I have met a number of divers who complain of a common mask fit problem, they have a prominent browline. Low volume masks are out of the question. Any suggestions on masks those with this problem might try?

you need a single window lens with a moderate to high volume, two window will always hit you in between the eyes.

Understood about using a single lens, moderate to high volume mask, but in this day and age, moderate to high volume masks are getting harder to find, unless one is willing to sport mask from the Sea Hunt days.

Does anyone have any suggestions on particular masks which fill this bill?

Amen to that. Very hard to find. I've been to DEMA and Our World Underwater to try on masks, no luck yet. I bought several Dacor TL's dirt cheap after production stopped. I hope they will last me a long time.

Maybe someday, one (or two) manufacturers will understand how many people have this difficulty in mask fitting, and begin manufacturing one (perhaps 2) masks to promote and fill this void for those of us hard to fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom