Mask repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. The es150 and 155 are a little wider. The dgx clear view is also wider. It's a good mask, especially for the price, and I keep it as a guest mask, most who just use it for snorkeling. Even the oms tattoo small size is a bit wide. That one I did return. (Thank you dgx.) I did find a 145 posted for sale. Turns out the post hadn't been updated. :) using my old leaky hollis for now and might have to give up frameless to get a proper mask.

From your last post I understood you are looking for a narrow (not wide) mask.
Did you try some models designed for women - they have often narrower faces - and you don't need to buy in pink or other fancy color: they are also black or transparent.
Then for sure there are mask sold in two sizes - one is the Atomic Aquatics frameless having standard and medium fit, the latter for narrow faces - it is not cheap but is a fantastic mask (I own one since 5 or 6 year)
There are other brands having two size masks I don't remember exactly the models, but there is one in the aqualung catalog for sure ... their mask are cheaper ... not hard to find in a store and give it a try

My friend, Sean @manni-yunk, had a Dive Rite ES 145. If he isn't as passionately attached to it as you are, maybe he'd be willing to sell?

You're probably going to have to give up the mask. If the DGX frameless didn't work for you, and you can't find another DR 145, I don't think you're going to find a reliable repair option.

Check out the MAKO Minimus. Dano has a fit guarantee. If it doesn't fit, he'll take it back on his dime. For less than $40, it's worth a shot.

Akona makes the Wahoo jr. which is a narrow mask . We have it in rental and it is a great fit
for all narrow faces . Little investment at $ 26.95 retail . If you are ever in Key Largo stop by for
a trip and you could try in out on the dive .
Sea Dwellers
www.seadwellers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom