Mask Recommendation for Large Nose & Face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got both the Cressi Big Eyes and XDeep Frameless in my hands. Both are a great fit. XDeep is slightly wider but the important factor, the nose, is great in both.

Trying to decide which one to keep, I guess frame vs frameless.

And for what its worth, the wife thinks I look better in the Xdeep.

I've got both the Cressi Big Eyes and XDeep Frameless in my hands. Both are a great fit. XDeep is slightly wider but the important factor, the nose, is great in both.

Trying to decide which one to keep, I guess frame vs frameless.

And for what its worth, the wife thinks I look better in the Xdeep.

Glad our recommendation was of use to you.

I can’t speak for the Cressi as I’ve never tried it but the xDeep has become my favorite and last mask after bouncing between a few brands.

I haven’t had water enter the mask even with a loose fit.

I use to dive the Scubapro Frameless but over time (not sure if my nose grew or what) the nose pocket became uncomfortably small, lots of septum bottom nose pressure.

I now dive the Cressi Big Eyes Revo as my primary and keep the Xdeep in my pocket as a backup.

Both masks are A+. I do find the Xdeep to be borderline too low volume. Meaning the area between my eyebrows and cheeks contact the glass but do it’s not uncomfortable. Works great as a backup but prefer the Cressi as my primary.

Thanks for the responses everybody!!

I've got the Cressi Liberty 3 in my hands right now. It is better than my SP Crystal Vu, but not by much.

I'm thinking about trying the Tusa M1001 HD Freedom next.

The SP Synergy Twin and Cressi Big Eyes certainly look like they could accommodate a larger nose. But that may be an illusion created by the separated lenses.
My partner has a large nose and likes the Tusa Freedom, for what that’s worth, but every nose shape is different!

Greetings everybody!

I just stumbled on this thread while searching for a new mask due to issues stated by the fellow diver who stressed issues over lower nose discomfort/pain. I am experiencing the same problems more or less. Any updates on this topic?

Hollis M1

My cousin likes the ScubaPro D-Mask (he's got a longer nose). I use it as well because it's very comfortable and works well with facial hair.

I have 2 tusa freedom HD with a few pool dives and a frameless atomic one pool dive I will sell for a good discount, part of my quest to find my perfect mask:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom