Mask Recommendation for Large Nose & Face

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting! I'm looking for a mask recommendation for a large nose and face. For the past years I've used a Scubapro Crystal Vu. But it gives me pretty bad pain at the bottom of my nose (septum base?) and at the bridge.

I know the best way to find one that fits right is to try them in person. But I live in a very rural area with no access to a dive shop or anywhere else that stocks masks. So, I'm hoping to narrow down which ones to order online and try out at home.

Thanks!

Try the Atomic Frameless or Venom. I find them very comfortable for a larger nose.

Don't know about that larger face aspect; but, having what is charitably referred to as a "Roman nose," I have always gone with the Eye-talian folks at Cressi-Sub, who have seen a respectable schnoz or two . . .

Thanks for the responses everybody!!

I've got the Cressi Liberty 3 in my hands right now. It is better than my SP Crystal Vu, but not by much.

I'm thinking about trying the Tusa M1001 HD Freedom next.

The SP Synergy Twin and Cressi Big Eyes certainly look like they could accommodate a larger nose. But that may be an illusion created by the separated lenses.

Cressi Big Eyes Evo

If you look like this:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-11-at-11-02-55-AM.png

You might need this:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-11-at-11-03-31-AM.png

No offense intended to any extant Neanderthals who might read this :wink:.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom