mask problems..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there, sorry to hear your having grief. Everyone's advise is sound re fogging so I'll through in my 2cts (€) worth with the equalising.
I used to squeeze my nose too hard when equalising and ended every dive with a bruised nose until, I was told just to put my fingers up to block the holes instead of squeezing. Done it ever since.

Good luck

I agree of most of the guy's said, to get a new mask.get a mask that fit,and you feel comfortable.get a low volume mask so it's easy to clear the water out.check too, that you can pintch your nose easily using one hand.

to de fog your mask. u can use coke.yes,coke!toothpaste leave stain inside your mask lense after awhile.well,if you can find this chemical ati fog.then it's easy.try the coke solfdrink.put some insde the lens, and scrub it around using your finger for a 1min.whoopie! ready to use.

try it! it's works...

First time I heard that (I wish I could think of a funny way to joke about the benefits of the OTHER kind of Coke as a mask abrasive! A little costly, but it may work!)

Yes, everyone I know who uses the Cressi-sub big eyes mask likes it, but fitting your own face is way too individual to jump onto a bandwagon. A realy flexible skirt (such as Sea Vision offers) can mold nicely to unusual features. Perhaps you can get trade-in value for your Tusa at the LDS. Try lens defogger, too. Lotsa brands out there.

Just i little bit about buying online to save a buck.
I bought a pair of dacor pursuit fins. The instructor in a nice way said they were junk. Ok, I went and bought a pair of scuba pro jet fins. Nice fins but as soon a I put them on one strap broke, Ok no big deal. I bought a new strap. The next time I used them I noticed they are crackling and spliting everywhere. On the side on the fin it split about 2" across right through the fin. Then I bought a mask online again. It was used. My right side stays foggy while the right side is clear as can be. I scrubbed multiple time still nothing.
Now I'm looking for new fins and a new mask. I was so worried about saving money. It ended up costing me a whoile lot more in the end.
By the way I got everything off e-bay. Not that their bad because I love e-bay. I guess you win some and you lose some.

When masks are made it leaves a coating of silicone on the lens. If you don't remove this, nothing will stop it from fogging.

Take some toothpaste or soft scrub. Soft scrub works better. Smear it on the inside of the lens and use a damp paper towel or shop towel to scrub it. Rinse it out.

Do this a few times, usually 3 to 6. Then use whatever defogger you like to dive.

I use toothpaste. I get the mask wet, rub some Pepsodent around, then rinse it out & dive.

200 Ft Vix defogger costs about $8.00 for a tiny bottle. Pepsodent is $0.97 at Walmart. It works better and a tube lasts us about a year or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom