Mask for Asian "flat" noses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t3nchi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm Asian and I don't have a nose that fills most masks out there. Got myself this Aqualung Teknika and found out nose fit IS important. I was squeezing nothing but mask when trying to equalize.

Anyone know of a good mask that will help me? I am gonna look at some Mares X-Visions as I've heard they help with smaller flat noses (and my big head)

any others?

You could try the SporaSub (now under Mares) Star. It is also marketed as Mares Star. It's a tiny mask that might fit you. Don't know about the nose pocket as I don't know how small your nose is.

I have an Omer Alien and a AquaSphere Sphera. With both I can pinch my nose, but it does take a little effort to find the sweet spot.

a small mask might not work as i have a big/wide face haha

i tried looking at mares x-vision just now, still wasn't a good fit. guy at scuba shop recommended i look at Tilos Excel or Insights. (frameless and very low volume)

I have the the Atomic Subframe. When I squeeze, I do get a lot of silicone but I am still able to squeeze my nose as well. I don't necessarily have a wide face but I do have a big head.

:14:

Check out the Cressi line. I believe they have a couple of masks that might do the trick.

ditto. I am asian and have bought a Cressi Matrix for my brother and the nose pocket works good for our asian noses.

thanks for all responses. I'm happy with my Tusa mask now but if I ever want to switch, I'll look at the others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom