Mask Defogger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olive Drab

Reaction score
Do you guys ever use the anti fogger "cat crap"? I saw it being sold around Ft Bragg for use in wiley X goggles and other goggles. I never wore goggles so i have no experience with it.

I use toothpaste. Plain old Pepsodent, about $0.97 for a large tube at Walmart. One tube lasts several diver quite a while. Prior to each dive I get the mask wet, rub a little tp all over the inside, then rinse it out.

This is fine for glass. I wouldn't use any abrasive on a plastic or polycarbonate lens mask.

50/50 baby shampoo and water, in a small spray bottle. One spray, and rinse before each dive. Works great, no stink, cheap.

rickyd:
50/50 baby shampoo and water, in a small spray bottle. One spray, and rinse before each dive. Works great, no stink, cheap.

Agree completely. Can't imagine a better way to do it

I use Sea Drops. They are cheap and work great. No smell and you can even take the bottle underwater in your bc if you need to apply while bobbing on the surface.

Done all the above......now....SPIT....its cheap and readily available.

rich

Agree completely. Can't imagine a better way to do it

There is a better way. Use the baby shampoo full strength and use it far enough in advance that it dries on the mask. Rinse it off just before getting in the water.

500 PSI mask defog for me! I already put up with enough crap, why would I want more in my mask?

RICHinNC:
Done all the above......now....SPIT....its cheap and readily available.
Right on Rich. I've never found anything that works any better than spit, although I do pre-treat new masks with toothpaste prior to use, just to clean off any film.

IMHO, everything else is a waste of money, space, and time. The only time I've ever recommended anything else was to help the LDS upsell to a cootie-phobic woman buying a mask for her son.

I used to use spit but my tobbaco juice kept staining my lens.

And it grossed out everyone on the dive boats . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom