Mask and corrective lenses. Pls help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek K:
I'm very glad it worked out for you.

What strength did you finally get, compared with your glasses correction? Were they off-the-shelf lenses?

And where did you dive?

--Marek

Thanks to all the good advice from the Board, yourself included.

Yeah, off-the-shelf lenses in 0.5 diopter increment. My daily glasses are -3.25/-2.75 and I bought -3.00/-2.50 for my mask. worked out fine.

Just came back from Maldives. fantastic!

scubapro50:
I have always had bad eye sight and never found a "prescription" mask that I liked or had the required corrections needed for my vision. I buy a mask that really fits well that I like and have it sent off with a copy of my prescription to have lens made and then bonded to the inside of the faceplate. Your dive store should have of list of places that offer this service.

I did the same thing one of the best investments I made. Unfortunately I was diving for 25 years before I did this, I highly recomend getting a perscription mask. I never did the contact thing for fear of flooding my mask and having the lens shift or fall out, just didn't want to deal with that underwater.

I got prescription lenses put in my mask, through my LDS. Although I have progressives, I have no trouble reading my computer(yet!!!), so I just got the myopia/astigmatism correction. Cost about $90 but, I asked and was reimbursed through my flex plan medical account. That helps.

I knew it was the right thing when I got in the pool, and could see the tile lines at the far end. In great visibility, its awesome. And in limited vis its reassuring. I don't like contacts and I can't imagine how much my eyes would hurt if I had contacts and got water in my eyes. Water bothers my eyes enough!
:icon10:

Back
Top Bottom