Mask always flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaangel;

Have you changed regs or mouthpieces? If they are too large they might stretch you facial muscles and that might cause a leak.

I'm not brilliant or anything, I was eavesdropping in my LDS and heard It discussed. The person was using rental regs.

Just a thought, Good luck

First things first, ID thank you, you are real gentleman and maybe chivalry is not dead. But, honestly I have not been offended and would still dive with any of you given the opportunity. Now dating is another story and I think hubby may have a thing or two to say about me dating.

Second yes, I have changed to a different regulator and it does have or seems to have a larger mouthpiece on it. I have the ScubaPro MK/20 S600 regulator. I also, questioned my LDS instructor if this could be the cause. And I do have a purge on the mask which he is checking out for me to see if there could be a problem there. If none are there I am going to try a Rite Bite mouth piece and my mask without purge and see how I do.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Except I am really puzzled about the armpit thing, do you all have videocams? LOL. If so you need to clean the lens cause you must have fuz on the it and think you are seeing hairy body parts.

Bottoms Up...Bubbles Up!!!!
Cindy

Hi Everybody

I don't know how, but I missed this thread.

Seal with Vaseline? I was always told that a petroleum product (Vaseline) would break down the silicone mask skirt. Just a wives tale?

I have a friend that has a good sized scar on his upper lip. He uses a food grade (Dow 111) silicone for a seal and still has the same mask after years of diving. It might work on women's mustaches too! LOL

Hello SEAANGEL

I aquired a OM Z4 mask and loved it, I dove many times but since the mask was used it started to leak. a non desirable action, so As you are doing took it to my LDS, The LDS actually sent the mask back to OM andd two weeks later had A BRAND NEW mask with a Prescription just like the old mask.

total cost of the mask 4.98

good move going to the shop to have them check it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom