Mask always flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
I have an oceanmaster Z2, which has been very good except for the last 4-5 dives I have had it continually flooding on me. I have tried to tighten the strap, loosen the strap, reposition it on my head and many other positions. None seem to work. It seems that it doesn't leak if I pull it too tight, but this is extremly uncomfortable and leaves my face too red. I can get it to where only the nose has water in it but on ascent it runs down my throat as I look upward. Any thoughts or suggestions? My husband seems to think it is my hair, but I have short hair and I always pull it back wet before masking.

Happy Diving.
Cindy

Hey Cindy,

Are you still trying to dive with your snorkle? If so,lose it!!! Other than that, stray hair, a lens that is almost out, a torn or deformed skirt, all could cause the problem. Go to a pool with a DM, Instructor, or friend, and check it out!

:tease:

It might, ahm, be facial hair...

Take no offense, but I know some women with a considerable mustache that complain about licky mask all the time. I just didnt know how to tell them about it... :wink:

Originally posted by Liquid
It might, ahm, be facial hair...

Take no offense, but I know some women with a considerable mustache that complain about licky mask all the time. I just didnt know how to tell them about it... :wink:

I found a tip about using a small amount of Vaseline on the upper lip to help seal the mask to the face when there is facial hair. I tried it when I was snorkeling in the Caribbean before I was a certified Scuba Finatic and it works.

The tip about the snorkel also works well. I have been diving without the snorkel on my mask for the last 5 or so dives and it sure helps a lot too.

If the mask worked before, and only recently started leaking, I would say it either got dropped/stepped on/ ect...

Possibly a small crack or tear... then again,,, if you lost weight or something like that, it may simply just not fit any longer.

(GREAT EXCUSE TO BUY A NEW MASK) :D

Originally posted by wheezy
(GREAT EXCUSE TO BUY A NEW MASK) :D

And with the economy in the shape it is in, buy one for a friend too. You can send mine to:

Syruss
5210 Leechers Road
DiversMound, TX 75028

Thanks a lot and I like Teal and Blue the best.

Originally posted by Liquid
syrus-

I just want to see how you tell it to a lady...

I had this dilema a couple of times...

I walk right up to the woman and say "Hey I want to put some Vaseline on your Lips"

If she slaps me she took it wrong

If she doesn't slap me it's a date :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom