Marketing: Are we ok, or do we need help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they do, because "the best place in the world to dive" is completely subjective...

How subjective?

For me, the "best place" is anywhere I am in the water. Heck, for me it could be in the pool, because that's where my opportunity is at the time. Any place, any time, any temperature, any visibility, anything to see, etc. I'm not fussy.

For my wife? A very narrow range of surface temps...warm, but not too warm and not to humid and not too windy, even less range of water temperatures, no seas, the reef and fish life must be to her specifications...i.e. pre-1975 when she first learned to dive (yup, they are different now than then), and the big one - never, ever, go back to the same place twice.

Obviously we make for an interesting "consumer" to try to cater to, marketing or advertising-wise.

I'm setting up an inbound marketing agency that works with scuba related businesses.

This assumes you can capture someone's information. I absolutely hate giving out my e-mail address to marketers. I will always work my tail off to find the information elsewhere if I have to tell you anything about myself, at least until we've established a relationship. If I am forced to give you an e-mail address, I will create an e-mail account specifically for you, and may or may not check it.

Do people really part with their personal information?

I'm setting up an inbound marketing agency that works with scuba related businesses.

Followed the link. Heavy on rah-rah... light on specifics, no?

Steve Martin used to do a bit about "A sure-fire way to make a million dollars and not pay any taxes."

STEP 1: Make a million dollars...

---------- Post added January 6th, 2014 at 10:27 PM ----------

I get the impression that I would enjoy diving from your boat; from many of your posts.

Suppose I'm a bigger ******* in person?

:d

Followed the link. Heavy on rah-rah... light on specifics, no?

Wait for it......the "Rock Star" part is coming soon.:facepalm:

---------- Post added January 6th, 2014 at 06:34 PM ----------

Suppose I'm a bigger ******* in person?

:d

Most people really aren't.:cheers:

Reactions: RJP
This is fascinating--and I must admit that I should read this forum more often. We're HUGE believers in marketing/advertising; so much so, in fact, that we have our own in-house marketing director. She's a very busy person.

i don't have time to go on very long here (nor have I read all 28 pages of this thread), but I'll try to do so later today. You can get a quick view of part of what we do at DiVentures Scuba & Swim Centers | Springfield, Missouri & Omaha, Nebraska. Here's something interesting, though. Go to DEMA.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'member benefits.' I pointed this issue out to them recently but it seems they've not become concerned as of yet.

more later...

Mark

Here's something interesting, though. Go to DEMA.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'member benefits.' I pointed this issue out to them recently but it seems they've not become concerned as of yet.
Mark

That's pretty funny.... :)

DEMA_Member_benefits.jpg

Now THAT's truth in advertising. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom