Mark 2 hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntmainstrm

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just picked up a SP Mark 2 and R190. Unlike my 25/600 this piston is horizontal. It seems that when I try to mount it on a tank hoses are pointing everywhere. Does anyone have a favorite hose connection/routing scheme? This 190 has 3 LP's and 1 HP. Any suggestions would be great
Thanks,
Lee

Not allot of choice here.
I'm not very keen on the 90 degree orientation of the MK2 ports.

Top left BC hose
Top right primary
Bottom left pressure gauge
Bottom right octo

If diving Hogarthian/DIR (single tank) long hose should be bottom right and the backup top right.

Not allot of choice here.
I'm not very keen on the 90 degree orientation of the MK2 ports.

Top left BC hose
Top right primary
Bottom left pressure gauge
Bottom right octo

If diving Hogarthian/DIR (single tank) long hose should be bottom right and the backup top right.
Thanks Fishpie. I was thinking the same but wondered if anyone uses right angles or some kind of custom plumbing.

I was thinking the same but wondered if anyone uses right angles .....

yes... makes for much cleaner routing on my MK-17 (which is also a non-turret first). LeisurePro has them for both LP and HP ports.

Okay, waiting for the "point of failure" folks.... bring it on.....

I don't think the MK2 hose routing is bad, just do it like fishpie suggested and in the water, where it counts, it will work fine. It's actually pretty good if the tank is not too high on your back. It does look a little like a bad hair day sitting on the boat, but as long as the hoses are a good length, once you're in it and diving it's fairly streamlined.

Thanks all. I plan to hit the pool on Friday and check this out.

Back
Top Bottom