Marine City, MI dive this Saturday--Devil's Night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nasty storm rolling through for the next day or so. 17 footers on Huron. Could be some zero viz in the river this weekend.

we had a nasty storm this AM in Indy; if it comes your way it is STRONG - heavy rain, dark as midnight, thunder, lightning, torando warnings; and now, sunshine go figger; prolly ruined my viz at the quarries :-(

we had a nasty storm this AM in Indy; if it comes your way it is STRONG - heavy rain, dark as midnight, thunder, lightning, torando warnings; and now, sunshine go figger; prolly ruined my viz at the quarries :-(

They actually got it worse up in MI. Lake conditions were worse than those that sunk the Fitzgerald.

Info released today by the National Weather Service:
New record set today for the lowest pressure in a non-tropical storm in the mainland U.S. The massive storm system barreling across the central U.S. had a minimum central pressure of 28.24" or 956 mb (equivalent to the minimum pressure of a Category 3 hurricane). This breaks the old record of 28.28" (958 mb), set on ...Jan. 26, 1978, during the Blizzard of 1978 (aka the Cleveland Sueprbomb). This is also lower than the March 1993 Superstrom (aka "The Storm of the Century"), or the "Witch of November" storm that sank the Edmund Fitzgerald in 1975, or even the Columbus Day Storm of Oct. 1962.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viz was okay. 5 feet. Found one pipe stem. Lots of fish including bass, perch, two sizable carp, what I believe was either a Muskie or gar pike--didn't see the face. Boneholder saw a mud puppy. They are now best friends.

Actually, the mudpuppy scared the crap out of me today. Was digging in the river. So 0 viz and the mudpuppy must have been haning out in the wall I was digging in. It swam out and smacked me in the mask. Definately wasn't what I was expecting! Guess thats Halloween weekend diving for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom