Marine City, MI dive this Saturday--Devil's Night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Howdy all,

Bonetweaker and I are planning on diving the St. Clair river in Marine City this upcoming Saturday. However, and this is a big however, it appears there may be rain all week which can muck up the viz in the river pretty easily. Bonecuddler sould like to dive off the dnr ramp south of town. There are two small wrecks right there that we would like to explore. If we are not allowed access to the dnr ramp we will then go bottle/pipe hunting just north of customs/ferry crossing.

If you are interested shoot bonechoker or myself a message.

Thanks and hope to see others out there playing in the fall water.

Bus

Howdy all,

Bonetweaker and I are planning on diving the St. Clair river in Marine City this upcoming Saturday. However, and this is a big however, it appears there may be rain all week which can muck up the viz in the river pretty easily. Bonecuddler sould like to dive off the dnr ramp south of town. There are two small wrecks right there that we would like to explore. If we are not allowed access to the dnr ramp we will then go bottle/pipe hunting just north of customs/ferry crossing.

If you are interested shoot bonechoker or myself a message.

Thanks and hope to see others out there playing in the fall water.

Bus

Wish I could drive up and join you and Bonehead, but my daughter is due any day now and we'll almost certainly be making a roadtrip next weekend to Jerseyville IL to see our first grandbaby.

Jim,

Do you have a dry suit? If so I would suggest waiting until winter. There is a period when we have viz in the river over 30 feet (50 plus in some areas). The water has this awesome caribbean blue color. Difference is the caribbean is 80 and the river will be 34.

Then we will get a few of you all from Indiana up here for a weekend.

Bus

Thanks guys for all the affectionate names..... :shakehead:

All kidding aside, if the vis is ok, it should be a fun dive. Everyones welcome. For those who aren't familiar, this is a relatively high current area (its much worse up by the blue water bridge). Just want those who haven't dove in current to be aware.

Hope to see you diving. :D

Jim,

Do you have a dry suit? If so I would suggest waiting until winter. There is a period when we have viz in the river over 30 feet (50 plus in some areas). The water has this awesome caribbean blue color. Difference is the caribbean is 80 and the river will be 34.

Then we will get a few of you all from Indiana up here for a weekend.

Bus

Absolutely! Yup, been diving dry for years. Sounds like a great plan!

Absolutely! Yup, been diving dry for years. Sounds like a great plan!

and let me know too; no guarantees but I need a winter dive SOMEWHERE

Nasty storm rolling through for the next day or so. 17 footers on Huron. Could be some zero viz in the river this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom