Marijuana - Consequences from Use and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhbryaniv:
Does this mean you have deep pockets :)

Hey Rick wanna go diving? :D :D
HHHHhhhaaarrrrr! There is absolutely NO RISK of DCS while diving into my pockets! :D
But I do want to preserve what little there is there...
Rick

Rick Murchison:
HHHHhhhaaarrrrr! There is absolutely NO RISK of DCS while diving into my pockets! :D
But I do want to preserve what little there is there...
Rick

AWWW shucks :(

DrownedRat:
:rofl3: , oh sorry. Ya those shifty growers lacing cheap drugs with more expensive drugs. Hahahahahah, reefer madness much? :rofl3: I hate to break it to ya but there is no need for that kind of thing and is strictly a myth, much like the silly gateway theory etc.

Ok, this is me sharing again. Hopefully this thread won't turn out like the other one :)

So my friend and I bought these joints from our regular dealer and we were smoking them before going into a club. When we got inside the club, the buzz started taking hold, but it was a VERY different buzz. Like, a very visual (2D) sort of thing like nothing either of us had ever experienced, and at the time we were very experienced.

The next day, we spoe to the dealer about this. Come to find out, the dealer got a lot of responses like ours. So, he spoke to his dealer who informed him that some of the weed had Raid sprayed on it. Yes - the roach killer!

Not cool.

This was another of those wake-up calls in life.... BTW, this way years ago. Pot doesn't agree with me at all anymore... Just FYI, it does happen.

well here is my responce. i would not dive with any one that there state of mind. in this sport it is to easy to do somthing to get hurt.

If you smoke drugs and dive, drink and dive, or consume anything else that impairs your ability to think clearly, at depth particularly, then you won't be diving with me. Do what you want on your own time but I will not allow you to place me at risk, nor will I allow you to place me in a situation where I will be unable to help you should the need arise. Rick M and Gil57USA summarize it above.

I am amazed at the lack of knowledge on some peoples part. These people are just waiting for Darwin to rectify his mistakes.

The gene pool needs more clorine.

mbsdiver:
well here is my responce. i would not dive with any one that there state of mind. in this sport it is to easy to do somthing to get hurt.

Agree. Its damn scary that people actually do this.

Hillmorton Scubie:
My Insta buddy was great fun, and during the surface interval it came out that she likes to smoke weed before a dive. I was astounded.
She said that it relaxes her and reduces air consumption, and if she smokes enough it can bring out the colors of the fish.
I'll dive with her if you guys won't. :)

We so easily get focussed on illegal drugs. (usually other people's drugs, not ours)

By far, the most deaths and medical complications are caused by LEGAL medicines, legal beverages, and cigarettes (CO anyone?)

There are a lot of people on heavy duty psychoactive meds...driving and diving. It may not be obvious until there is a problem.

I'm amazed at the number of my acquaintances on Prozac, mood elevators, and anti-panic meds.

Don't lose perspective by focussing upon an illegal drug.

Know your dive buddy,

or dive alone.

:coffee:

I've never understood a person's need to be mind altered on a daily basis, regardless of what their alterant of choice is. I have nothing against smoking pot or drinking alcohol on a moderate basis.

However, I would not (knowingly) dive with a person who I knew was mind altered by anything other than the joy of being underwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom