Mares Volo Power - plastic rubber separation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D-S-F,

Where are you located? If you are out of the US, it does not makes sense to send a pair of fins around the world. I agree, fins should last. However we can never determine the cause of a problem without actually seeing the fin. Which Volo do you have?

You can certainly send them for us to review, how old are they?

My point is we will stand behind our products. If they are defective we will replace them. Please understand that in any product some designs (which offer different levels of performance) are naturally more durable than others and will withstand greater wear/tear and abuse.

Best regards,

Phil

it happened to me too after 15 dives. I brought them to my LDS and they replaced them for new ones. They said if it happens again I could order new ones again or choose other fins instead...

My wife and I both have over 100 dives in our volos and haven't noticed this problem. They definitely look used, but they're not falling apart.

personaly I don't like mares equipment but to be onest all my friend use
for work mares plana avanti quattro , the fins still working after 5 years ( in sharm meants more or less 2000 dive ., so no so bad ) Actually mares volo is one of the worst fins I've seen even the power one . if you dive in al lake no problem , but with
current no way .

Phil, thanks for the suggestions. I am very happy with the performance of the volo fins but a little dissatisfied with the apparent durability. I currently have about 25 dives on them. I will check them again to see if it appears that the separation is worsening, if so I may attempt to return to the place of purchase, if not, I will probably just live with it and assume that it probably is not affecting fin performance.

Let me know what happens.

Phil

I returned my Volo Power fins and replaced them with Atomic split fins. They feel about the same, which is good because I liked the Volo's;however, the tips started tearing away fromm the ribs on the replacement pair after just 5 dives. I do not want to have to keep replacing fins until the warranty expires. Also, it took 2 weeks to get them sent back to the factory and replaced because the store i bought them at did not have the blue ones. I'm happy with my new Atomics. Going to see if i can swap my wife's Volo's for Atomics too.

i have volo powers, and they work really well, i have had good luck with them and ive owned them since july and i dived almost weekly with them in the summer.

i like mine alot.

:]

D-S-F,

Where are you located? If you are out of the US, it does not makes sense to send a pair of fins around the world. I agree, fins should last. However we can never determine the cause of a problem without actually seeing the fin. Which Volo do you have?

You can certainly send them for us to review, how old are they?

My point is we will stand behind our products. If they are defective we will replace them. Please understand that in any product some designs (which offer different levels of performance) are naturally more durable than others and will withstand greater wear/tear and abuse.

Best regards,

Phil
Hi Phil, I'm late to this thread but I have a pair of Volo fins that are coming apart and I'm disappointed. I bought them at a shop in TExas (Scuba Toys) but I live in Minnesota. I'm attaching pics for you. I did not stand on the toes of these fins. They aren't brand new but I've only had them a few years. I've left a message at ScubaToys but if you have any ideas of what I can do, please let me know. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9816.jpeg
    IMG_9816.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9818.jpeg
    IMG_9818.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9819.jpeg
    IMG_9819.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9817.jpeg
    IMG_9817.jpeg