Mares Puck Air Integrated / Divers Supply issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToddMLewis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, maybe someone from Mares can shed some light on my predicament. I made an order with Divers Supply backon the 7th of June 2012 for 2 of the Mares Puck Air Integratedconsoles and 1 Mares rash guard. They took my happily took my money and sentme an email the next day saying that the Pick Airs were back ordered. I promptly called them to get an estimate of when they may be in and was advised two to three weeks. Near the end of three weeks I call again and am told that they would be in the 1st of July. Ok…still seeing no change in orderstatus I call back today and am told that they will not be in until the middle of the month. I had figured a month ahead of a dive trip would be sufficient time to make and receive an order. Guess not.
So here is my question……Am I getting the run around from Divers Supply or is there an actual issue with Mares being able to ship these computers out? I had been very pleased with Mares Regs I have purchased for my wife and I but am now becoming concerned with product dependability if I am to believe the folks at Divers Supply.
I would greatly appreciate any insight you can give me here. I hate renting equipment….but I guess it’s my fault for selling my gauges priorto receiving the Air integrated computers first.
Thanks
Todd
confused2.gif

Well Both computers arrived today. Divers supply actually worked with me to try to make the order right. After offering to upgrade my computers to another brand for considerabally less than the amount listed for purchace. I was worked out the deal and got a call back and was told that the Pucks had arrived that morning I was told the the other deal was still good but If I wanted the Puck Airs that was fine too. I opted for the Pucks.....guess It was a matter of wanting to see them after all this time.
Anyhow Guess Ill see how good these units work. Wish me luck

Hi Todd,

I'm glad it worked out. Just to clarify we were temporarily out of the computers you were looking for. There are some cases when we try to estimate arrival time of products and are not as accurate as we would like. Shipping times from warehouse to warehouse, customs, transport companies etc.. Unfortunately, some of these variables are out of our control and it takes a little longer than estimated. So in short you were not being given the run around.

I'm sure you will like your new units.

Best regards,

Zak

Back
Top Bottom