Mares Proton Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my new Proton 42 regulator with the superflex hose. Love the weight and the flexibility. Now what do I do with my Ruby which is in excellent conditions...E-Bay.

Greg,

The V42 that I bought has the specifications of the 42 that you are describing:

Mares V 42 Proton Metal Scuba Regulator at Divers Direct.

Details:

Super-Compact First Stage All Metal 2nd Stage
Minimum Breathing Effort
New tri-material valve with superior durability
Equipped with the revolutionary new tri-material valve
HP and LP ports arranged for optimum hose placement
Light and compact Proton Metal second stage
VAD system provides natural breathing
Easy to use oversized purge button

I am now somewhat confused. Let me know, thanks.

I am confused as well...It is my understanding that the V42 contains the SCS system, while the MR42 contains the tri-material version. In fact, the older V42 cannot be fitted with the tri-material poppet. Perhaps Zach can verify my information.

Greg Barlow

Greg is correct. The V42 has the SCS and cannot be upgraded. The MR 42 does have the new Tri-Material poppet.
If you send me a picture of the 1st stage or the serial number I can verify what you have.

I looked at their website and can understand the confusion. The item number and description is for the newer MR42, but the name and picture is of the older V42 (both with Proton Metal 2nd). I sent them a note to correct, if your 1st has the MR T on it than you have the newer version.

Let me know,

Phil

Thanks to all of you for your assistance. the serial numbers:
1st stage: CEO426EN250
2nd stage: VQ10881

Jorge

Edited:

Jorge,

The VQ10881 is the serial number for both 1st & 2nd. You have a V42 Proton Metal. Are you sure you have a super flex hose with this?

Regards,

Phil

Last edited:
Yes, I just found out that I bought the V42. At least I still have not used it and will exchange for the MR42. I believed in those specs ( which are no longer in the website) that were erroneous and purchased the wrong reg.

I was told by the seller that it was a superflex hose and it did make sense to me whe I compared it with the ruby. I suppose now that it also is not a superflex hose.

Thanks.

Phil

Finally I got the MR42T today. Serial: PE13618. The only thing that I noticed different is that the 1st stage does not have the plastic protector as shown in the Mares website. It just has a black Mares oval decal with the following written: MR42T.

Is that 1st stage plastic protector available? And do I really have an MR42T?

Thanks,

Coco

Coco,

You really have a MR42T. I am not exactly sure when production added this pc, but the reg is exactly the same. I do not have any here, it is a prodcution part, but will see if I can get one for you. It is only a cosmetic piece.

Phil

Phill,

Thanks a lot again. You guys really know how to solve this issues. Please let me know if you can get me that protector. Besides being for cosmetic, it sure does protects the regulator.

Coco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom