Mares PI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had my MR22 Abyss down to 38 deg in fresh water several times. It is not sealed, and has had no freeflows.

Here the ocean is 38-45 most of the winter & spring. I have not seen anyone using a sealed first (Apex excluded).

Paul Evans:
What is your defintion of COLD :eyebrow:

Anywhere from 50f down to 40f (so far) but we are going to be doing ice recovery of vehicles this winter and the ambient temp hovers around zero f. I don't know what the water temp will be, but i'm sure it's going to be c-c-c-cold.

chris hecker:
Paul Evans:
What is your defintion of COLD :eyebrow:

Anywhere from 50f down to 40f (so far) but we are going to be doing ice recovery of vehicles this winter and the ambient temp hovers around zero f. I don't know what the water temp will be, but i'm sure it's going to be c-c-c-cold.

Thats Cold, get it sealed :wink:

Paul Evans:
Thats Cold, get it sealed :wink:
Not a huge deal. The design of diaphragm regs generally resists freeflowing and the metal second stage will make a huge difference. As longas you (I mean your first stage) is not in and out of the water on a windy day where there is a wind chill you should be ok. But for the ice I would be considering it. Depending onhow often you do it of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom